O.a.h.i. ???

CanNACHI has their own SOP and COE now.

Mr. Bowman makes a point Nick.
Not to go off thread, CanNACHI was founded by an InterNACHI member. Disruptive posting on their MB may have caused the founder to have a biased view of such members and there association.
Your insight on the matter?

I didn’t even know they had a message board and I’m on their Board of Directors.

I don’t mean to go off thread but Billy DeVeres was the founder.
Gees what am I telling you for?
I was being marketed to by many members when I joined InterNACHI.
Billy tried and rubbed me the wrong way. I hate being pushed material I am not interested in. He took me the wrong way, I him, and the rubbing lead to friction.

He was marketing HI courses and a product or manufacturer for ION generators. For HVAC systems and auxiliary air purifiers. He was also teaching a course on ION generation. Dangerous stuff.
Catherine Luuk followed along for some course in rapid HI development, if i am not mistaken.

I did visit the CannACHI MB and saw some stupidity.
I can see them not coming to you Nick seeing this MB had is own deficient members.
Claude Larson, and others, as well as myself attended but The ACHI MB was also up it did not gain the right attention.
Never any issues on the ACHI MB.

Ether or, that’s the past and they set their own agenda. I anticipated you would be a leading director Nick.

Thanks for the info.

Before long Robert there will be merging of the minds and all will come here for Knowledge and Guidance.
Oh, wait a minute!!! that was my dream last night.:mrgreen:

Was she a blond or brunette?:wink:

They did last week, you could get there by clicking on the link on the front page
cannachi_links1.JPG

But today…

I guess your crystal ball has been polished recently Nick. :smiley:

This is really funny LOL
http://db2.centennialcollege.ca/ce/certdetail.php?CertificateCode=7359

Certificate code: 7359 certificate name: Home Inspection description: In conjunction with Seneca College and Carson Dunlop and Associates, and in cooperation with the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI), Centennial offers a 10-course Home Inspection program that incorporates the standards of practice of the American Society of Home Inspectors/Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors. Standards of practice are the minimum and uniform standards for private, fee-paid home inspectors. This CERTIFICATE was created to help you acquire the knowledge and professional communication skills you need to succeed in this growing industry. Throughout the program you will focus on obtaining a very practical knowledge of the performance of the systems and components of a house. Once you successfully complete this program, you will have met the requirements for the Registered Home Inspector designation, offered by the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI).

Bunk No way
(Once you successfully complete this program, you will have met the requirements for the Registered Home Inspector designation, offered by the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors )
This would be just a start many more very expensive courses required to become an Registered Home Inspector and about three ~ years .

Here is the other one Roy that got it right!
http://www.sheridancollege.ca/programs-and-courses/continuing-education/distance-learning-and-online-courses/current-online-programs/canadian-home-inspection-program.
Canadian Home Inspection Program

**Sheridan Recognition of Achievement 

and OAHI Accreditation

Sheridan Recognition of Achievement

For many people, buying or selling a home is the biggest personal transaction they’ll ever make.

Sheridan, in partnership with Carson Dunlop and Associates, is offering the Home Inspection Training Program.

This program incorporates the Standards of Practice of ASHI/CAHPI (American Society of Home Inspectors / Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors). The Standards of Practice define a minimum and uniform standard for private, fee-paid home inspectors. The Carson Dunlop and Associates program fully complies with ASHI curriculum and Standards of Practice. This program also conforms to the Professional Home/Property Inspector Occupational Standards developed by the Canadian Home Inspectors and Building Officials Steering Committee for National Standards (CHIBO).

Home inspections assist the home buyer/seller by providing information regarding the condition of the home prior to the sale. The systems and components of a home include roofing, structural, electrical, heating, air conditioning/ heat pumps, plumbing, insulation and the interior. This program has been designed to incorporate all of these components as well as the necessary communication skills and knowledge of professional practice needed to be successful in this growing industry.

Successful completion of this program fulfills the academic entrance requirements of the Ontario Association of Home Inspections (OAHI)except for the Defect Recognition and Reporting course (available only from OAHI), and the Ontario Building Code courses: Part Nine - Building Envelope and Part Nine - Health and Safety (available through OAHI and a number of education providers). Graduates of this program will be qualified to perform home inspections in a manner that is consistent with the North American Standards of Practice of the home inspection profession.

So Roy I never did fall for OAHI. So what is the total cost including the training provided by the College?
My estimate might be wrong but I would say close to $20,000 after 3 years.

And all they want is your Money.
All the bloody thieves at the table.
sense not one could dominate the industry they all bless each others sins and split the profits.
Man what a world of greed and corruption.
It would be like all educator educators sitting around a table to control the flow of money.
Did the agents get any mention for referrals.
Yea, right.