OAHI Advertising

Originally Posted By: tallen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

rcooke wrote:
tallen wrote:
Why bother with it Roy??

Because there are many OAHI members and non members who have no idea what is going on.
Because I get regular mail from many who wish to carry on with their inspection education and have no idea
why OAHI charges them so much money and then does not allow them to move up through the system.
In the last 6 years only about 4~ per year have increased the amount of RHI's in the system.
It is not fair for the Canadian home inspectors to be treated and lied to the way they are.
I was a member and saw so many improper things being done I fought along side many others.
Most have gotten out of the home inspection industry from this .
We have lost some great inspectors who just did not wish to protest any longer.
It's called fair play for all.

Should not that be discussed on the Canadian board OHIA ???

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: rcooke

rcooke wrote:
tallen wrote:
Why bother with it Roy??

Should not that be discussed on the Canadian board OHIA ???

Impossible it is open to members only and if a member makes a post that is not liked by the powers it is removed.
The Board of Directors can post what they please and the membership has no recourse.
This is why in such a short time NACHI membership in Canada is exploding.
NACHI gives so much more and the cost is so much less.
NACHI every week improves constantly.
This has not and still is not happening with the Canadian association.
I again stand by what I say.

Can you say dictatorship!!!!!!!!

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: tallen

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

AMEN icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: jvezina

This is for Roy;

Seeing as you are not a member of OAHI, why would you care what they advertise and who they promote in their advertising? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Seeing as I’m not a member of NACHI, why would I care what you post? However in between my rather busy schedule I can’t seem to distance myself from all of your idiotic posts that really don’t make any sense at all.

I mean Dave Bottoms has given you at least a hundred (or so it seems) opportunities to drop the OAHI subject and his name, but like a child who doesn't know better you can't let it go. Like a child who is searching for attention and approval you just won't let it go. Like a child who won't shut up and get's beaten up all the time you won't stop flapping your gums.

Roy, for godsake, grow up, show your age, and move on. Make your comments in the members only area where you won't provoke Dave Bottoms to responding. However I do enjoy reading Dave's responses, because having met you on a number of occasions I can see where Dave and Gil Strachan for that matter is coming from.

Feel free to comment on my post, i'm sure i'll enjoy laughing at whatever comment you make.

Jason Vezina

I expect Gil and Dave appreciate your support.

You also have shown how much you like NACHI .

Strange how many times you mention NACHI on your Nice web site.

When it was free your hand too was out .

When it come to pay you too showed your true colours.

NACHI The only place where all are welcome to visit.

NACHI where help is given to all.

NACHI is the best far above the rest,

it is great "Enjoying A Positive NACHI Experience!"

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Originally Posted By: lewens

This is for you Jason

You have stated you are not a member of NACHI and I see by your web site that you also do not appear to be associated with CAHPI/OHAI so what do you care what Roy posts on any given subject at all. As a home inspector in Canada, I believe that all the knowledge I can acquire from any source about anything to do with the industry is well worth looking at and absorbing. Roy and Ray Wand both are very informative about the inner workings of CAHPI/OAHI and try to keep the rest of the industry up on what is going on in that association. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I am sure there are people who belong to NACHI who post on the OAHI message board as to what is happening at NACHI. Roy, in the start of this thread said nothing untruthful or derogatory about OAHI, only posted the facts and even you didn’t dispute that. He didn’t mention any names other than the name of the association and in return was blasted by a person to remain unnamed. The person, whose name shall be withheld, promised that if Roy stopped bringing his name into the posts and didn’t trash OAHI/CAHPI he would go away. To date this has not happened. Believe me, everyone on this board wishes this would happen as we are all pretty fed up with the bickering that goes on. I, myself, have never trashed nor said anything unkindly what so ever about CAHPI/OAHI and yet I am constantly berated by one particular member of OAHI. C’est la vie.

Now to you Jason,
You say you are not a member of NACHI and yet you refer to NACHI more than a few times on your web site. I don't have a problem with that per se but you then say
"Q- DO HOME INSPECTORS PAY REFERRAL FEES TO REALTORS?
Most don?t, but some do. This practice is unethical and goes against the Code of Ethics of both NACHI and most Real Estate Associations. The reason is simple. If your Realtor refers a home inspector to you, you want to be sure it is be because that inspector is a professional and does good work, not because the Realtor gets a kickback for the referral. Furthermore, an inspector who pays Realtors for referrals may be more inclined to ?sugar-coat? the inspection in order to please the Realtor and protect future referrals."

And again "Q-CAN I HIRE MY HOME INSPECTOR TO MAKE REPAIRS OR IMPROVEMENTS TO MY NEW HOUSE?
You can try, but a professional inspector will say no. Professional Home Inspectors understand that this practice represents a conflict of interest. Members of NACHI must adhere to the Code of Ethics, which does not permit them to use the inspection as a vehicle to get repair or do renovation work on the side."
And again on your inspection aggreement your signature block says
"Jason Vezina
Certified Home Inspector
NACHI member# 04111095"
So which is it Jason you are, or you are not a member of NACHI?
If you are, be proud of the fact and get on board and help rather than hinder the process. I believe if you are not part of the solution you are a part of the problem.
If you are not a member, sir, you are a fraud and are misleading your clientele by advertising credentials to which you have no right.
Just my 12.5 cents
Larry Ewens

--
Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Originally Posted By: rwand

Hey Todd maybe you should read your sign off message you so fondly post below your name all the time!

Quote:
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Why would we give up. You have no idea of the Canadian politics being promoted by the task masters in Oahi who have run amuck. Their spokesperson is a blasphemy against all honest and ethical inspectors. I am a member of Oahi and I know what is going on. Are you a member of Oahi? NO!

Jason, if you don't like it don't read it. No one is forcing you except your need to know what the next installment will be by Mr. Bottoms. I need not remind you that Mr. Bottoms behaviour has been abhorrent, but I guess when you can't be objective and see the truth its easier to trash the truth. I am just as vocal as Mr. Cooke because I don't like people being treated like a door mat. Mr. Cooke is a gentleman and a person who has eagerly helped Nachi and Oahi members. He is very knowledgeablel. Just what have you contributed? Why are you seemingly misrepresenting yourself as Larry suggests?

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: jvezina

Roy

I paid my dues in full when I signed up with NACHI last year. So in effect, I did not recieve anything for free from NACHI. I made the choice to withdraw my membership.

Larry
Thank you for pointing out the areas on my website that still refer to NACHI. I haven't had the time to completely edit my website since I asked to be withdrawn from the NACHI website. However I do not advertise that I am a member of NACHI on my business card or my brochures.

jvezina wrote:
Roy
I paid my dues in full when I signed up with NACHI last year. So in effect, I did not recieve anything for free from NACHI. I made the choice to withdraw my membership.

Larry
Thank you for pointing out the areas on my website that still refer to NACHI. I haven't had the time to completely edit my website since I asked to be withdrawn from the NACHI website. However I do not advertise that I am a member of NACHI on my business card or my brochures.

Jason you where an asset to NACHI it is unfortunate that you chose to leave.
I do hope that some time in the future you do come back.
Glad to see that you at least do visit and read what NACHI is doing for the members and see what help is given to many.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Looks like NACHI is the largest Home Inspector Group In Ontario

OAHI....... has a total 303........ NACHI.......... Has a total 326

Looks like NACHI is the largest Home inspection Group in B.C.
CAHPI/BC Has a Total...39...........NACHI.......... Has a Total 49

Looks like NACHI is 2nd Largest Home Inspection Group in Alberta
CAHPI/AB Total ...........56..........NACHI............ Has a Total 24

Just over Two years in Canada NACHI continues to show How great they are and continues to grow every day .
Every day it seems as though they have another big surprise for the membership.
The Message Board that continues to help so many home inspectors every where both Members and non members is great.

Those who are not members miss out on many good things including the non members section of the message board.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Originally Posted By: Bill Mullen RHI

Actual CAHPI Association member numbers:

127 Members in CAHPI BC
81 members in CAHPI-Alberta
715 in CAHPI-Ontario, of which 444 pay dues to CAHPI National.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia

Bill Mullen RHI wrote:
Actual CAHPI Association member numbers:

127 Members in CAHPI BC
81 members in CAHPI-Alberta
715 in CAHPI-Ontario, of which 444 pay dues to CAHPI National.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia

Thanks for upgrading my post Glad to see you, as do many others do, look at how the NACHI site is doing.

All the information I took of the public section of the various boards .
If The various Associations have more members why are they hidden.
" Roy Cooke RHI "

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Hi Bill,

Don't forget there are 245 Students factored into the equation from Ontario counted as members. In my opinion Students should not count as they cannot vote nor can they practice under Oahi guidelines.

Cheers,
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

715 in CAHPI-Ontario, of which 444 pay dues to CAHPI National. Then how can the remaining 271 people be members if they don’t pay dues. I don’t understand and I am not trying to be smart. The math doesn’t work nor does it appear to be a true reflection of the actual numbers. As to the Nachi numbers maybe they are calculated the same way, I don’t know. But I can’t help but wonder aloud.

If there are 245 students in Oahi with no voting rights, and not being able to practice under Oahi guidelines, and their fees do not go to CAHPI, how can they be members of CAHPI-ON? Retired members are counted as well, they cannot vote and none of their renewal fee goes to CAHPI and the same for Friends of Oahi who are also counted as members. Hmmmm.

Curious,

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

NACHI is the greatest.

NACHI does more for the Home inspectors in Ontario.

NACHI lets all who need information to come and get it HERE.

NACHI continues to get more members regularly.

NACHI allows even those who avoid the truth to post here.

Roy Cooke ... RHI....Owner of.... CAHPI-ON.

NACHI is the Greatest

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Oh oh Mr. Motor Mouth is on a regurgitation rant again. Not only has Mr. Cooke not slammed Oahi and/or Cahpi but he has not even mentioned Motor Mouths name in his posts. Seems Mr. Motor Mouth has lied about his ability to refrain from replying yet again.

Roy here is a new word to describe Mr. Bottoms....

Ignoranus - A person who's both stupid and an asshole.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Quote:
TOPIC: IF ROY COOKE SR. IS SO HAPPY WITH NACHI, THEN WHY IS HE SO OBSESSED WITH EVERYTHING OAHI?

The History of the Unnecessary Pissing Matches
Have you ever wondered why Roy keeps trashing OAHI every week? He is a disgruntled ex-member with a gigantic ax to grind and the NACHI forum is his grinding wheel.

He used to use the Canuck HI forum as his personal toilet bowl, but once he got kicked off he had nowhere to set up his little circus act. That?s where the Canadian Members section of the NACHI forum came into play.

For months on end he used the Canadian Members section to trash OAHI and CAHPI at the rate of about once every few days. He?d start a thread attacking OAHI and/or CAHPI, then get into a huge pissing match with a number of others. Finally, someone came up with the bright idea of moving the Canadian Members section over to the Members-Only area of the forum. Roy thought this was a great idea since it would surely mean he could trash OAHI unfettered and without having to defend his in-defendable nonsense.

So the Canadian Members section was moved and it looked like this forum would have some peace for a change. That didn?t sit well for poor ol? Roy because he suddenly found himself without an audience for his little sideshow.

Within one week of the Canadian Members section being moved to the Members-Only area, Roy posted his first attack on OAHI on the NACHI section of the forum, because he discovered it was hard to you have a pissing match if the people you are trying to fight with are no longer privy to the Canadian Members section of the forum. That?s why he?s been trashing OAHI here ever since.

So here we are, months and hundreds of useless posts later and the only thing that has changed since the Canadian Members section was relocated is that Roy has now turned the NACHI section of this forum into his own personal toilet bowl. It?s a shame, really.

Now you know??

Consider this: Roy's latest snipe has absolutely zero value to anyone on this forum, zero. He only posted his fabricated membership numbers to incite another pissing match. After this one ends, he'll be back in a week with another, you watch. That's been his way for years now, ever since he misplaced a couple of lose screws. It would be sad if it wasn't so damn pathetic.

Dave

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

Dave Bottoms wrote:
Ranting Roy Cooke wrote:
NACHI is the second best to OAHI.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NACHI does more for the Home inspectors in Ontario.
NACHI lets all who need information to come and get it HERE.
NACHI continues to get more members regularly.
NACHI allows even those who avoid the truth to post here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roy Cooke ... RHI (Raving Home Inspector)....Dreaming of belonging to the best association in Ontario.... CAHPI-ON.

NACHI is the second best to OAHI

Just to correct your post, Roy, CAHPI is actually number one in all three places you mentioned and CAHPI is number one in Canada. But you know what, membership numbers alone to not define the best association -- professionalism does, and as along as NACHI puts up with you and wand using the NACHI forum as your personal toilet bowl, NACHI will ALWAYS remain number two behind the legitimate professional associations, such as CAHPI and ASHI. So, keep up the good work, big guy. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

D.

I took all the information from the public access of the various web sites .
You say I am wrong the please prove it .

The way I and others who look can see NACHI is the biggest.

Royshomeinspection.com
The largest Home Inspection Company in the Quinte area

NACHI also has more members in the Quinte area then OAHI

Again you show very poor taste in changing my words and putting them in a quote .

Unfortunately you regularly show you have very poor taste

--
Roy Cooke Sr.