OAHI in a tail spin.

OAHi bylaw
Article 8
Indemnities to Directors and Others

1. Every director or officer of the Association or other person who has undertaken or is about to undertake any liability on behalf of the Association and their heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and estate and effect, respectively, shall from time to time and at all times, be indemnified and saved harmless, out of the funds of the Association, from and against:

(a) All costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which such director, officer or other person sustains or incurs in or about any action, suit or proceeding which is brought, commenced or prosecuted against him for or in respect of any act, deed, matter or thing whatsoever made, done or permitted by him in or about the execution of the duties of his office or in respect of any such liability provided that any such person shall not be indemnified and saved harmless in the event that such person in making, doing or permitting such act, deed, matter or thing whatsoever had exceeded his authority including, without limitation where such acts were unlawful; and

(b) All other costs, charges and expenses which he sustains or incurs in or about or in relation to the affairs thereof; except such costs, charges or expenses as are occasioned by his own wilful neglect or default.

An interesting read.

Mr. Gogal,

Firstly I would welcome your response here on this forum to address the matters with regard to OAHI breaching the bylaws on several fronts, most importantly why under your role as a director you and your fellow directors have misled and with held financial info that members are entitled to see?

And secondly,

I would also like to know why you as a director condoned breaking the bylaws by removing Mr. Allen, of which you had no authority to do as per the bylaws. The bylaws as you are not obviously aware address how removal of duely elected directors are to be removed.

Please feel free to reassure the membership that the finances and reporting are in order and put such statement in writing on OAHI letter head signed by yourself and by your fellow directors and also please ensure the accountants and the OAHI lawyers name are also attached as to the reason why quarterly reports have been with held all year. I think you and your bunch owe us all an explanation.

I guess OAHI may want to review what they are advertising on their website.

After all now that it turns out anyone in the Registry is a RHI and entitled to use it, the paragraph above is erroneous.

**Committee Transcripts: Standing Committee on Regulations and Private Bills - December 07, 1994
Legislative Assembly of Ontario

****Official Records for December 07, 1994****

ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF HOME INSPECTORS ACT, 1994
Mr Segal:**
Firstly, I’d like to state that the purpose of this bill is to incorporate the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors and to enable it to grant to its members the right to the exclusive use of the designationregistered home inspector.”
Mr Jordan:**
So basically, having this bill and having you registered as a professional in the field is a protection for the user?

Mr Carson: That’s correct, sir.

Legislative Assembly debate
ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF HOME INSPECTORS ACT, 1994
](http://www.ontla.on.ca/committee-proceedings/transcripts/files_html/1994-12-07_t029.htm#P389_69215)
http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/committee-proceedings/committee_transcripts_details.do?locale=en&Date=1994-12-07&ParlCommID=510&BillID=&Business=Bill+Pr143%2C+Coballoy+Mines+%26+Refiners+Limited+Act%2C+1994