Dear Members of OAHI
December 17, 2008
As you are aware this year has been very difficult to budget for given the economic turmoil and less than expected revenues due to membership renewals. Unfortunately the association is running a deficit which necessitated the need for a membership fee increase of $595.00 for the 2009 fiscal year. Our 2009 Budget will be comprised of 4 special assessment requests. We ask you to give serious consideration given that the long term viability of the association is at stake.
In addition we are looking at ways to reduce the overhead of the association.
- Terminating the position of Chief Operating Officer for 2009 - a saving of $60, 00.00 per year plus.
- Reducing from 40 hours per week to 20 hours per week the secretary/receptionist at the OAHI office at Matheson Blvd., Mississauga.
- Holding the Toronto Regional Meeting group meetings in one location instead two locations.
- Seeking more volunteer assistance in the operating and management of OAHI.
- Reduced need for the Board to travel and utilization of telephone conference calls.
- Tapping into the Term Deposits to assist with unexpected overheads and emergency operating costs.
- Scaling back the Winter Workshop, to some degree and actively being discussed with further updates on this matter pending.