Obviously Porch's market cap didn't go up 123 million because they bought ATI

You can’t make much money training inspectors in a world where InterNACHI does it for free. There must be another reason Porch’s stock went up 18% overnight.

It’s all about training newbies for free to use their free software to collect data about our client’s and their homes.

1 Like

I can’t figure out how Porch is still in business.

2 Likes

@gromicko Does that make you concerned for our industry? I genuinely ask. You have a high level view of these things

1 Like

Funny you should say that…

1 Like

Does that make you concerned for our industry? I genuinely ask. You have a high level view of these things

I have to worry about everything, so yes. We don’t want to end up being a deputized army for a public company. But I can stop it dead, if need be. I’m a lobbyist in 48 states. ;). Pretty good at it too, compared to the many things I’m not very good at. And that has to do with InterNACHI having such a high percentage of the total number of inspectors in the industry. In the 90%+ range. And so legislators generally let me have what I seek.

6 Likes

@gromicko Interesting. I always appreciate your perspective and what you do for us as an industry. I have a thought on this situation (not that my thoughts are that critical to this, lol) that I need to let finish developing

2 Likes

Can you lobby West Virginia to accept Virginia licensing? Or at the very least acknowledge the training?

I just (12 March 2022, 2:10 PM) checked the NY State Dept of State listing for approved Home Inspector Training providers. Neither PORCH or ATI are listed as an approved provider.
Tom Valosin, ASKUS Consulting Services LLC (we are an approved provider)

1 Like

Thomas is the best instructor partner InterNACHI has. Thanks for checking, Tom.