Occasionally a bone is thrown our way

I’ve had clients give me couple hundred dollars. For what I do. I always refused it. I said however if you want to give it to my assistance then you can do it. I usually have two assistants with me on all inspections. And they deserve it they’re very good…yep
You guys would love to meet my assistance.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Tami, Enjoy!! :grinning:

You treat your assistants well, Roy! :wink:

1 Like

Yep, Sir Roy is the best. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes absolutely sir.
They’ve been with me for 8 or 10 years. And it makes the report process go easily. I love each and every one of them. But I’m not telling them that.
In front of the client they call me sir Roy. But afterwards. I’m master sergeant.

3 Likes

Welcome Tami, but it isn’t a violation.

not judging just a word to the wise. when something goes wrong memories get foggy.

Do you know where I have to bitch at them the most? Very simple. Check the Flippin exterior GFCI Outlets. That doesn’t seem like a lot to ask. But they miss it every flipping time almost always.

I think my law degree helps me think twice about things, but I appreciate your opinion and pointing out ethics is always good and every inspector should think before they do. I did.

2 Likes

I truly think they’re just screwing with me. But when we get back to the office. And we were reviewing our field report. The same ass thing comes up over and over again.
I always feel like I could take out my 9ml glock and shoot the son of a guns.

Really! I really think they’re screwing with me. But I need to know that the exterior Outlets are properly GFCI protected.
It’s one of my pet peeves.

I’m a hardcore MF. I wanted to be done right. But no foolishness at all involved in it. It’s mine it’s not theirs.
I think I’ll shoot them all on tomorrow’s inspection. I got to ride alongs with me. Have mercy on their soul if I get really freaked out

1 Like

If I recall Roy InterNACHI purchased about 12 homes this year due to improper GFCI reporting.

I’ve been doing this too long. I know how it’s supposed to be done. And it will absolutely be done according to my methodology.

I agree exterior GFCI‘s are a pain in the ass. Especially when each one gets reset by one GFCI in the garage.

It may sound cliche. But I absolutely do work for my client. I’m going to give them the best report and I’m going to scour this place. To make sure they have a place they can feel safe when they live in it

1 Like

I do the same thing I don’t care how long it takes. Really crappy homes take me a long time.

1 Like

Screw the money. I know how to make the money. But I like to go to sleep at night knowing that I’ve done the very very best I can for my clients. You don’t know me but that is the way I am. I will scour the property. Just to make sure that the place is Worthy. For my family.
If not at least they know the facts. That is all I can possibly do.
May sound strange. But that’s the way I am. I couldn’t go to sleep at night knowing that I didn’t give the the greatest inspection that I could…
And that is what all you guys should be venturing for. That’s why I make the big money. Let me say that’s why I did make the big money. Your client or foremost in your mind. And you work for them. You tell me some place. Where you can make a weekly wage in 3 hours doing a home inspection and make all that money. Nowhere.

1 Like

Not at all. It’s a mission I take on every inspection.

1 Like

Thank you !!!

1 Like