Odd? Someone proliferating this website amongst REALTORs.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Someone out there is going to great effort and expense to proliferate this website throughout the real estate industry.

http://www.planetnachi.org

Who could it be? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

delete

Originally Posted By: rmoore

From the link…

Quote:
And don't rely on most home inspection associations that have no entrance requirements. Blind people, children, psychics (who claim to "sense" if a house is ok) and even pets have joined other associations.

Nick, the rest looks great but, speaking only for myself, I really dislike this negative campaigning and would like to see NACHI rise above it.

My two cents...
Richard Moore

Originally Posted By: tallen

rmoore wrote:
From the link...
Quote:
And don't rely on most home inspection associations that have no entrance requirements. Blind people, children, psychics (who claim to "sense" if a house is ok) and even pets have joined other associations.

Nick, the rest looks great but, speaking only for myself, I really dislike this negative campaigning and would like to see NACHI rise above it.

My two cents...
Richard Moore

I agree. I am sure most of our members do as well. Well, I would like to think they do.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: gbell

We have been trying that since the blind man started here in Florida. I think he was a product of the Clemons experience.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: dhadler

We have the same feelings about the …blind, pets blurb …on the Canadian Inspectors thread.

Check it out ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Darrell Hadler
Five Star Home Inspections
Medicine Hat, Alberta CANADA

Good to see we’re on the same page Darrell. We may not have to invade after all! icon_biggrin.gif

Richard Moore

Rest Assured Inspection Services

Seattle, WA

www.rainspect.com

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

deleted by myself

Brian G.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I reworked it with help from our Canadian members:

http://www.nachi.org/3mistakes.htm

Seem OK?

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

delete

Quote:
Buying a home is probably the most expensive purchase you'll ever make. This is no time to shop for a cheap inspection. The cost of a home inspection is very small relative to the home being inspected. The additional cost of hiring a certified inspector is almost insignificant. As a homebuyer, you've recently been crunching the numbers, negotiating offers, adding up closing costs, shopping for mortgages, and trying to get the best deals. Don't stop now. Don't let your real estate agent, a patty-cake inspector, or anyone else talk you into skimping here.

NACHI is the only association that front-ends its membership requirements. NACHI turns down more than 1/2 the inspectors who want to join because they can't fulfill the membership requirements.

NACHI certified inspectors perform the best inspections by far. NACHI certified inspectors earn their fees many times over. They do more, they deserve more, and yes they generally charge a little more. Do yourself a favor...and pay a little more for the quality inspection you deserve.

OK...since you asked.

What is a "patty-cake inspector"? Let's just leave that out. Also see my other add-on for this.

"NACHI is the only association that front-ends its membership requirements." First...what is NACHI? Second..."front-ends" probably won't mean much to the uninitiated.

"NACHI certified inspectors perform the best inspections by far." I don't mind some exageration, but that's a stretch. See my suggested wording below.

The same section with suggested changes.
Quote:
Buying a home is probably the most expensive purchase you'll ever make. This is no time to shop for a cheap inspection. The cost of a home inspection is very small relative to the home being inspected. The additional cost of hiring a certified inspector is almost insignificant. As a homebuyer, you've recently been crunching the numbers, negotiating offers, adding up closing costs, shopping for mortgages, and trying to get the best deals. Don't stop now. Don't let your real estate agent or anyone else talk you into skimping on your inspector. The money spent on a good and thorough inspection is often recouped many times over.

The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) is the only association that requires testing before achieving membership. NACHI turns down more than half of the applicants because they are unable to fulfill the requirements.

NACHI certified inspectors perform only the best inspections. NACHI certified inspectors earn their fees many times over. They do more, they deserve more, and yes they generally charge a little more. Do yourself a favor...and pay a little more for the quality inspection you deserve.

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

Richard, good Job eusa_clap.gif

Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
Don't let your real estate agent or anyone else talk you into skimping on your inspector. The money spent on a good and thorough inspection is often recouped many times over.

I'm not much on "patty cake" either, and I would like to see price mentioned.

Something like: Don't let your real estate agent or anyone else talk you into hiring a poorly trained or low priced home inspector. The money spent on an inspector who performs a thorough home inspection is often recouped many times over.

Just a thought today after competing with the $175 inspectors.

Originally Posted By: dspencer

Go with Richards comments! A1A. icon_lol.gif