Office Depot and Home Depot to install NACHI portals.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

We are negotiating with both Office Depot and Home Depot (they are not related companies) to install NACHI member portals in the members-only section of this website.

Each portal will give members access to flat discounts of 10% or more on all items and discounts of up to 35% on thousands of others.

Agreement details being hammered out.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I’ve actually been negotiating with Mike Chinquemani of Office Depot for a month now, in order to get NACHI members discounts. He was supposed to contact you. His specialty is business partnerships with commercial clients…he was absolutely psyched about helping us!

He had been trying. Did he succeed, and if so, is this what this is about?

I've been using Office Depot for report printing services for the past year, not.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe:

You've embarrassed me into correcting my spelling. Thanks.

Yes, Office Depot said that you initiated this deal. THANK YOU so much. I spend a lot at Office Depot every year. Even 10% off would be great.

We've been discussing the technical hurdles. I've refused to release our membership list to him and have instead suggested he come up with a periodically changing group password for NACHI members which we could post in members-only. Users of the portal (spelled it right that time) would first check the current Office Depot/NACHI member password.

He tells me we will get 25-35% off of 12,000 items.

I'm talking to him again on Monday.

Nick

Loving it…

Where do you get more bang for the buck than with NACHI. I mean REALLY?

Compared to other HI orgs, we have so many member perks and benies, ita almost SCARY ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: rmoore

Nick…

If I'm understanding your use of the word "portal", this would be for internet sales only? Any way we could get a card or something for in-store purchases? I always run out of supplies (especially ink) the day I need them.

BTW...great job on the discounts...everyone!

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

OK.

I'll see if we can get cards. Dave Bush is working on getting us discount cards for Hertz rental cars.

Nick

Originally Posted By: slanicek

Way cool! With all the $$ I spend at Home Depot for my other businesses as well as $$ to be spent on office supplies, every little bit helps.

Continued thanks Nick/et all.

And yeah, cards would be a BONUS! So many things are needed ASAP in business it would be great not to have to order online and deal with the turnaround time when on many occasions that just isn't an option. Time is $$. Have a card and go right to the store for purchases.

From my understanding with Offoce Depot, the discounts would apply to internet sales, and walk ins, whether paying by cash, check, or credit card.

We will be getting preferred customer cards from Office Depot.

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: jstone

Any new updates on this arrangement?

They are still working on it. Got an email from them Wednesday. I guess every organization has irons in the fire icon_cool.gif .

Nick

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

Nick,

You never cease to amaze me! This is a great idea.

By the way, if you need any help, I’m personal friends with Jerry Colley the President of Office Depot.

Earl