Oh well, I got booted.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Sorry, you’re going to accuse this of being B.S. but it is very much true…

It is not a "who" that is the "TOP".... it is a "what."

And that "what" at the "Top" is member welfare. NACHI has always based every decision only after asking "Does this help our members?"

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Now if you insist on a “who”, there is an organizational chart in members-only that John Bowman created.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Regardless or “what” or “who” is at the “Top”… Im glad I’m out. It was a fun ride and NACHI is in good hands. I’m worn out.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

as some call it. I’m off to other challenges.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Nick,

Being worn out is what vacations are for. Take a short break, and then get back to work. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

I’ve had to consider a camp of thought… which says that NACHI is served by its founder remaining forever as many members would be unsettled by my complete departure.

I've listened to this argument and given it consideration, especially since it is proffered by members I respect... However... I think they are wrong.

As I slowly inched away from NACHI over the past 3 years, starting with giving up my role as President, then Executive Director, then filling all the other positions, installing a great staff, making Deanna the signer on the checking accounts, giving leadership their own cell phones, replacing my email with the fastreply system, involving our attorneys into projects more, giving up my office, expelling myself from the members-only section, and even making myself Janitor... NACHI has suffered no backlash. In fact... membership keeps increasing as do member benefits, market share, etc.

If some insist on crediting me for starting NACHI... fine. I'll accept. But in good conscience, I can no longer continue to take credit for NACHI's succcess... NACHI's success now deservingly lies in the hands of its many good, hard working members, subcontractors, volunteers, and employees.

It is no longer reasonable for me to pretend I'm either pushing or steering the cart.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

gromicko wrote:
I've had to consider a camp of thought... which says that NACHI is served by its founder remaining forever as many members would be unsettled by my complete departure.

I've listened to this argument and given it consideration, especially since it is proffered by members I respect... However... I think they are wrong.

As I slowly inched away from NACHI over the past 3 years, starting with giving up my role as President, then Executive Director, then filling all the other positions, installing a great staff, making Deanna the signer on the checking accounts, expelling myself from the members-only section, etc... NACHI has suffered no backlash. In fact... membership keeps increasing as do member benefits, market share, etc.

If some insist on crediting me for starting NACHI... fine. I'll accept. But in good conscience, I can no longer continue to take credit for NACHI's succcess... NACHI's success now deservingly lies in the hands of its many good, hard working members.

It is no longer reasonable for me to pretend I'm either pushing or steering the cart.

You are being ridiculous. Last night in one post in this section, Russ Spriggs gave you an idea. In 45 minutes you had it implemented, putting into effect two new programs to enhance web pages. Anywhere else, there would be a committee debating it and planning it for two months.

Take a break. Get some rest. Then get back to work. We have hills to climb, yet.

--

www.monachi.org

tallen wrote:
The " word" only works with well, probably no one. Holy crap, I thought you could do better than that.?!
![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

That is a point, but not THE point. The point is that you can call Gary, John, Joe, Gerry, Chris, the MAB, Bob Wills, Blaine, and or anyone else you want right now (I’m probably forgetting someone) and ask them if I have said so much as boo to them in over a year. I haven’t. They will all tell you the same… that they (I think out of respect) graciously ask for my opinion and I keep telling them to decide for themselves. As of late, they don’t consult me on anything… which is probably why I felt free to criticize them a bit about the blind guy recently.

Anyway... I'll confess... I didn't do Russell's idea. I simply knew who to call who could help me get it done. Any member could have done it to and offered it to NACHI members for free. It was a great idea that I simply exploited without spending a penny... and like I said... I didn't even think of it... Russell did.

As for other announcements... for some reason... I still have the job of getting them on the website. Probably because we have not fulfilled the position of webmaster yet and I still have to do it and would never let NACHI down.

Anyway... even that job has been advertised for a while and we hope to turn that over to staff soon. This ad has been running for some time: http://www.nachi.org/webhelpwanted.htm

The point is that I'll always help NACHI operationally as needed, but not in any leadership capacity any more. I'm burnt out.... and besides...we have great leadership.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Face facts… I’m barely a member, I have less access to anything at NACHI and any decision making at NACHI than any member here. I don’t even run a NACHI chapter any more. I don’t even know how to run the postage meter at the office without Aimee’s help. Heck I’m not even an inspector.

Todd, at what point am I allowed to voice my disagreement with leadership? The fact that you see me going up against them and losing proves everything I've been trying to say.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I agree with your description of our excellent leadership. You put them in those positions, if I recall.

Stop this talk and get some sleep. Talk this over with your leadership folks before you make this decision.

--

www.monachi.org

The decision was made years ago but some at NACHI were worried and tried to keep me on like a stuffed animal on the wall. Why do you think Gary gave me the PR job just before he left as ED? It was to keep me prominently featured. Don’t get me wrong… he was playing smart chess… but the game was already over and NACHI won. Nothing… I mean nothing can stop NACHI now. It will be the industry’s sole trade association very shortly. I know a few things that members don’t and that is that if you think NACHI came a long way fast and has done much… if you (like many NACHI bashers) look at http://www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm and scratch your head in amazement… if you think NACHI is at the top of its game… you are wrong. NACHI has only just begun. I happen to know that the pipelines are packed full of project after project, service after service, great idea after great idea, and member benefit after member benefit… and the faucet is going to pour full blast for many years to come… with or without me. NACHI can’t be stopped at this point. It is in good hands. Great members. Hard working staff. I’m as filled with joy as a guy can be. I’m going to help where I can but using my former status to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong… is just… well… not my style.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

gromicko wrote:
I'm going to help where I can

You will be held to this, Nick.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Good luck Nick. Thanks for everything.

Jim, are you really biting the lure? I'm not. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

--
NACHI MAB!

cmccann wrote:
Good luck Nick. Thanks for everything.

Jim, are you really biting the lure? I'm not. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

I guess I am.

--

www.monachi.org

to rev up this year. I’m doing for NACHI members what I do best… and I feel like I’m in the zone! icon_biggrin.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

Nick, if you need to “chill”, extend your Idaho stay on June 3-4.

Our 40’ greenhouse could use a good sweeping by a decent Janitor!

Just be careful of the moose who tend to walk thru - - -

Hey, I’m still having fun!

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: dargabright

Nick,

You said:
Quote:
"We acknowledge that collecting dues (or money from any source for that matter) is just not one of NACHI's strengths.

David Argabright confirms this in his above post where he says that NACHI didn't even invoice him even though he owes dues... and then in the very same post... says NACHI is a "money maker."

Nick, It's not the lack of collections, it's the lack of enforcement. I'm not surprised because I've seen other people stay when they shouldn't be listed or have asked to be deleted. It is a slap in the face to the members who follow the rules. I suppose it allows us to be counted twice to inflate the membership numbers and strengthen the claim of being the biggest in the business. And although I can't put my finger on it yet, you have found other ways to pad your pockets from the membership information. We'll know in time.

Nachi claims to be the biggest and best run organization for home inspectors in the world. If that were really true it would show in all phases.

I admire, envy, and respect your ability to build this business. And if I could get volunteers to work and make money for me or the other businesses I have, It would make me a happy and wealthy boy. Just please don't tell the members that this is not a money maker for you in any way. If that were true then you must have sold a ton of real estate in a few very short years or have a very wealthy angel, to be able to live on the proceeds and devote your time to establish this organization. Enjoy the ride Nick. All good things must end. (sometime)

--
David Argabright: A HAPPY AND PROUD NON-MEMBER

Originally Posted By: rcooke

Thanks Nick for all you have done for the inspection industry . To the nay sayers that keep telling all NACHI is not the biggest nor the best please tell us who is the biggest and who is the best . NACHI is far from perfect we all agree I am sure but having seen other associations in MY mind NACHI is Far ahead of any of the others . More members join every day and many stay because they feel like me nothing else compares.

To the complainers I say sour grapes if you feel so strong about how bad NACHI is why do you keep coming back to visit . Why do you keep telling us how bad we are . I feel you know how good NACHI is and just can not bring your self to stay away .

Roy Cooke sr . A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER...

Originally Posted By: lewens

Roy

They keep visiting cause they can’t bitch and moan anywhere else and get an informed reply.

Larry

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/