Ohio Chapter of NACHI

Originally Posted By: jjudy
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Contact me via email at examinationpro@hotmail.com

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting you at the meeting.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Jeff,

Wow... The heirarchy needed for your chapter sounds like the NSA. Why not start with a few folks who want to meet for dinner and discuss some issues. Lower Hudson Valley of NYNACHI has three member advisors. No sectrtary, board, security, etc. We're a pretty big chapter, and manage just fine.

Why not ask Dave Bush what;s required to be a chapter member, and how to start one. Sounds way top complicated and structured for me. Maybe I'm lucky I live so far away. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

You are lucky, Have you been to Columbus lately? It is called protection. Ohio is going through the new programs of concealed carry. I guess in NY you don’t have an issue with that. I listed security last in the hierarchy for that reason only, our meetings will be open to all non-packers at the meeting. As for the others, it is open to all for application to the Team. Anyone can join and be a part of the team. No skill set was ask to be defined and we encourage inclusion at all levels.

What “Team” is that?

You need 2 folks to have a chapter.

As to concealed weapons, I doubt that Columbus is as dangerous a place as NYC, parts of Long Island, and of course NJ, home of the Sopranos. To give you an idea of where we hail from, ever see Goodfellas?

You're worried about security? You're kidding, right? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I pack 24/7 even in NYC where it is illegal (even though I have a concealed carry permit). Better to be in jail than dead. A Chapter can be as little as a named NACHI meeting and http://www.nachi.org/form.htm doesn’t take much. Dave is great. He can really help with everything.

Nick

I will alwasy be backed up or carry same. STOP the rest goes off line.

In the world today is not everybody concerned with security?

Having a open meeting where there might be people, professionals and anyone all together in one place with the possibility of a cash bar concerns me. If I am setting up the deal and something were to happen, (anything) who is liable? NACHI, me or the hotel?

As for hierarchy, well there has not been any set. I was calling on all to include them self's and establish some leadership. I know of no meeting that goes well with out an agenda and leadership. I may as well open a coffee shop otherwise.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Jeff, I will try to contact you during the week with some suggestions and ideas on setting up a Chapter and getting people to come. I would not be overly concerned about security, if the idea of a cash bar concerns you, don’t have one. We have more meetings that don’t have them, than ones that do.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Jeff,

There's a difference between an attack, and someone busting your cohones.

As to the security issue, again, I am from a rather interesting part of the Northeast. The key to security is to remain calm and alert at all times.

To Dave's point, if you're concerned about a cash bar, dont have one.

--
Joe Farsetta

Recevied, all input and thank you.

Originally Posted By: James D Mosier

WTF???

A group of professionals shouldn't have alcohol at any official meeting, Hell even the USWA doesn't allow alcohol at their meetings and they are about as unprofessional a group as you can get. (I should mention that they do allow members to get drunk BEFORE the meetings.)

I do drink, sometimes too much, so it's not like I'm anti-alcohol.

My 2 cents, keep the change.

--
Jim Mosier

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Now that we are talking about a cash bar, you have my attention. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike P.

Mike why are you not a member of NACHI?

I see so many posts from you and you offer some great feedback.

I have seen your site and would like to offer a team-up, if it is the fees to join that hold you back maybe you would consider joining me and I’ll handle the fees.

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Jeff

Lets take this off the net.

mike@yourhomesok.com

Mike P.

icon_evil.gif OK, ALL OF THE BS Aside.

I find it most interesting that now there has surfaced a chapter in Central Ohio.

More power to Scott Richards at Blueprint for getting something going.

What is upsetting is the fact that Nick, Dave nor anyone was aware of the fact that Scott was trying to start a chapter. Nothing at all. Until I posted that I was getting the chapter started, My own delay for several month allowed this, that is my fault, but the rest someone else owns. I had the chapter named in the fall of 03 and Nick approved. The delay in start up was also known and the reasons for the delay via several emails.

I am angry not only at my self but also at several others, the time I spent and effort over the fall season of 03 trying to get space was wasted.

Dave called me to get everything setup and let me know that Scott was interested in a chapter, I took that as information just like the NACHI forwarded to me notices as to interested in a chapter as he would like to be a member.

Dave called me to tell me that there was a conflict after we had talked and I had investigated new locations by his direction.

Dave advised a comprise between Scott and I. Scott called me but I have been to angry that I did not even consider returning the call.

I am disappointed that NACHI does not keep better track of chapter setups and if any of you want to offer your criticisms keep it to yourself I don't want it or care what you think. I don't criticize you.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest.

I do not care who runs the chapter as long as it goes well, I will be at the meeting.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jeff:

You're not alone. Nearly every NACHI Chapter that ever formed came after 4 or 5 other members said they were going to form one in the same area. I changed http://www.nachi.org/form.htm to include what information I need before we call a winner in these races. Please help your local chapter, offer to run/host the next chapter meeting, or form your own chapter. We're all equal and free at NACHI.

Nick

What race?

What were the expectations of the race?

Who named the chapter first?

Was the race dependant on who held the first meeting?

I challenge how it was decided if it were a race.

No rules were ever provided or called out.
Please explain.

I am not trying to be quarrelsome, just looking for answers.

This may all be mute at this point.
I recall an email about starting a chapter, must have been ignorant of me to assume from that email in 03 that I had named a chapter and was working on setup and that it was a done deal.

How interesting.
A secret race to build a chapter.
The same Hotel and location in the Easton Complex as proposed in 9-03.
Maybe a chapter name disconnect Central Mid-West verses Central Ohio.
Two chapters in the same geographical area, not real cost effective for NACHI and both competing for the same attendance.
Nothing ever in correspondence.
Common Courtesy to inform not surprise.
Wasted time.
No guide lines.

Yes sir it is truly a free for all.

As I stated I will support the Chapter but will keep my options open.

Jeff,

I think Nick was kidding when he spoke of a race. I believe what he meant was that he didnt care who started a chapter. Whoever got one going first won the "race", when in actuality, there was no race.

A chapter can be started by two people having dinner. That's how NYNACHI started. That's his point. It didnt take much. Just get it going.

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: dbush

Jeff, there is not a true “RACE”. We have several areas that people spoke of getting a Chapter going mid to late last year and never did anything with it, and did not keep the information active as to what the status was and things like that. Instead of a “conflict” I wish that you and Scott could work together and build a big chapter meeting in Ohio for the betterment of all the members and other inspectors in that area.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"