Ohio Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing Indefinitely Postpones Licensing Deadline

The Ohio Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing has alerted InterNACHI that the licensing deadline, last set to July 1st, 2020, has been indefinitely extended due to the state of emergency regarding COVID-19. Until otherwise determined by the state, inspectors are able to perform home inspections without obtaining a state license. It is highly encouraged that inspectors join InterNACHI and complete InterNACHI’s Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) certification program. Not only will an InterNACHI membership provide free, online education, along with many other benefits, but completing the CPI program can potentially decrease the amount of work an inspector will need to do later when a new licensing deadline is scheduled by the state.

Join InterNACHI and find out more about the CPI program now.

Great news for Ohio inspectors I predict.
Hope licensing is eliminated altogether and only NACHI CPI required. Wouldn’t that be a great day.

1 Like

Agreed, but will you be able to open the dead fronts on electrical cabinets?

2-b

LOL!

2 Likes

You’re The Best.

1 Like

Stop reporting continuing education hours for your real estate license. In most states, if course hours are not reported at their scheduled time, a real estate license will be placed into an inactive status. Refuse to pay your renewal fee on your real estate license by its due date.

I don’t have a real estate license?
Can real estate agents open dead front? Lol

Isn’t that a dead topic?

Some enjoy the humor, Jeffrey… :crazy_face:

I was playing off “dead front”…

1 Like