ohio laws

besides being interNACHI certified is there any other testing or certificates needed to perform inspections in ohio?

Radon is licensed in Ohio. But you can get that license through InterNACHI’s course also: http://www.nachi.org/ohio-department-health-indoor-radon-program-courses.htm

Other than that, there is Toledo which approved InterNACHI also: http://www.nachi.org/toledo.htm

Nick, I believe InterNACHIs radon course is only good for CE which is great. I had to attend a 2 day live course for radon, pass the exam then apply to the Ohio dept of Health for a license. It cost me over $1000 all in…

My bad. You are correct. In Ohio they want a live class for the initial radon license.

Also if you want to perform WDO (termite) inspections you need to be licensed and carry E&O insurance.

Where in Ohio are you located?

Hi Dan,

Go to the “control panel” near the top of the page and fill in your profile information. This will help people know what region your from to better answer your questions in the future.

Currently there are no HI licensing requirements in Ohio & we want to keep it that way.

If you plan on performing WDI (Wood Destroying Insect) inspections you will need to get a license through “The Ohio Department of Agriculture”.

If you plan on doing or even offering Radon testing, you’ll need to get licensed through “The Ohio Department of Health”.