OK, guys. Uncle Mike has given you the key...

…now, unlock the door to his “approved” house](http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Mike+stamp+approval/4663733/story.html)and be sure that the local news media gets a copy of your inspection report.

I like it because it puts focus on getting inspected.

Problem with that is he has his own so-called “Professional Inspectors”
They are asked to give him half the money they make on inspecting his homes.
Plus they make you use the Horizon program for Inspection report.
I am not sure what SOP or ETHICS you are locked into but it sure is not
INTERNACHI:shock:

Yeah like 4 inspections and a thermographic scan are a guarantee!

What is the guarantee if something is amiss, they didn’t comment on that, did they?

Who ,him or me?
He is not a member but he sure is bringing publicity to Inspection.
my biggest competitor is not my actual competition but is the fact many people are not even aware we exist as a profession.

Glad he is out there and if guys want to work for him at half price when he is overcharging to begin with then your usual fee will look like a bargain.

WIN-WIN. :slight_smile:

People up here know what a home inspection is, what they don’t seem to know is that there are several home inspection associations, and Mike is not changing that.

His show home inspection show is misleading in that the public now think that we do destructive testing, by going beyond a ‘visual’ inspection.

Mikes inspectors are still following industry SOP’s the only thing Holmes inspections has added is IR and even then its an option.

So how much do you think Mike is getting for his Endorsement of a Product that has been around for many Years.

Timbor Treatments are nothing new.

http://www.borax.com/wood/

It’s all marketing guys. He is building a brand name for himself. The HI does the work, he gets the credit and half the $. What a crock.

I’ve said this before and I will say it again. Mike Holmes inspection violates InterNACHI’s COE. You can not do repairs on anything you inspect. The question is "Are you recommending repairs because it needs to be repaired or are you recommending repairs because you are looking for work. If you are not doing repairs or recommending your buddy to do the repairs then our clients can have confidence in our recommendations.
Article I.11 The InterNACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or repair-associated services to the structure on which the member or member’s company has prepared a home inspection report for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in the InterNACHI Standards of Practise**.**