OK, wind mit decision step #2 poll

CEU’s And initial examinations should be kept separate

Requiring CEU’s is a must but every year 16hr’s a bit much wouldn’t you say.

For the sake of this poll it should state whether it is for new inspectors or continuing education requirements.

I didn’t mean to imply CEUs would be given for the course for non-members.
The 16 hours is just the number on the certificate.
I don’t think putting “25 minutes” on the certificate is a good idea!:wink:

This is a golden opportunity for NACHI to take the lead and to educate everyone. Let’s see what happens.

LMAO…Like who? let me guess, the state. When I say proctor I don’t mean someone sitting in a room and giving people the answers. I am talking like Pearson View, proctoring.

So all the non-believers thinking there is an ulterior motive, guess again! OR if the people decide to have it proctored have certain professionals picked throughout the state to proctor and then all the money for the testing goes to legislative means.

So Blaine nice try, but that is not the motive. So it looks as though you are WRONG…

Sorry I did not quote you…just my attempt at humor

any qualified person desiring to perform wind mits, go to Pearson Vue, pay $225, take test. They can take the training anywhere they want but test must be independent.

no continuing ed, no separate license

Underwriters must accept the qualified inspectors report. if they disagree on a re-inspection, they must allow inspector to dispute the findings. This latest post that the homeowner can only dispute the findings with the re-inspector is absolutely crooked and this is something we should be fighting with the OIR. So what, now the HO has to take them to court?

No worries!
I was just clarifying my post.

How about if the re-inspection is wrong and the original is right the Re-inspection company must reimburse the original inspector $125 for his effort and time.

I think all of that will fall under a possible fraud case.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm$350.00 for a wind mitigation inspection to dispute a faulty re-inspection, to be paid by the insurance company or a complaint for fraud and a lawsuit will be filed.:cool:
I see a whole new market opening up!

Me Too! Problem will be that the reinspector simply will claim the area was not accessible as in too dangerous to get there.:roll:

Bill I see the need for the professionalism of Pearson vue testing. But, I for one am sick of paying money to other companies that could be used right here. Why not train 20 NACHI members to be proctors and set them up across the state and take that money and put it in a legislative fund? Let’s start bringing some of the money home, is my opinion. But as with all things the majority has the say.

Assuming the NACHI wind mit course is (8 hrs ? ) , that should be the initial course or part 1.
The second, or part 2 would be 100% WHAT IF SCENARIOS.
Photos of all the possible situations inspectors will encounter and how it would be written up on the inspection.

Great idea Russell but doesn’t a proctologist need 8 years of college?:wink:

How about the OIR set up a website and a call center to answer the questions mitigation inspectors and clients have.

They wrote the form they should be the ones who answer questions about it.

You should be able to send pictures and questions to them and have answers by the next day.

If anyone at the OIR reads this I offer to run the whole program. I will design and run the whole system. Of course I would have to be on the payroll but I assume there must be plenty of money because they keep having meetings and making new forms.

I would not use my opinions but only the facts.:smiley:

Hey Mike,

Based on the recent information on the message board, it looks like the OIR offers no solutions to problems at hand. I would like to think otherwise.

The gentleman and ladies from the OIR I spoke with seemed sincerely concerned about the consumer and very professional.

I think our efforts must be focused on the legislators.

Just my humble opinion.

They never have and never will.

I think they are nothing more than a bunch of bureaucrats :slight_smile:

I think your impressions regarding OIR are correct, they have no specific agenda, are concerned with the public interest and lack expertise is the areas of these matters and defer to others for advise.

The problem is the advise, for several years now insurance firms have interceded with WCE’s and others on a politcal level and interfered with the advise and direction the original consultant ARA has proposed. Citizens is guilty of this and because they are considered diffferently than other providers (which neeeds to end) they get an extra say in what happens.

There has never been a problem with the real science determined prior to the MSFH program. The gable ends less than 4’ in height should not be in the equation in determining roof configuration for the purposes of discounts on windstorm premiums. A lot of the good science has been cast aside by political interests. A single( I mean one strap) strap offset greater than 1/2" probably lacks any capability to compromise the structural integrity of the entire roof system. I am not an enginneer, may be it does, how much?

This entire deal is about money and in the end it will be about how much money the insurance companies can get before OIR says they can’t have anymore. Problem with that is that normal working folks looking to purchase starter housing are experiencing insurance costs that price them out of the market. The insurance firms are pricing windstorm protection at the 100 year worst scenario level, there are not 100 years of records to justify it.

Here we go again. Let’s reinvent the wheel:

1: New license requirements starting next week
2: If you want to do W/M. You shall get a W/M license
3: 10 W/M classes/year with proctored test (we have lots of spare time and money)
4: Engineering degree is required in order to perform W/M
5: GC license required within the first year to supplement the Engineering degree
6: OIR to establish offices in every city across Florida (to answer any questions relative to the W/M ever changing form)
7: Special engineered tools will be required to perform the W/M.
8: 10M liability insurance and 5M in E&O is required
9: Different license is required for each services offer: 4 Point, W/M, CHI, Mold Assessor, Infra-Red, Septic tank, Radon, etc…
10: 150 hrs. of continue education every 6 month (with proctored exam)
11: All classes shall be videotape and the exam shall be notarized.
12: If you fail any proctored exam you will be punished for 6month (out of work)

This is not all folks. More changes to come. The home inspection business is too easy we need to make it very difficult. Engineers and CG’s do not have more education than us so why allow then to do inspection. Everybody shall have a HI license if you want to do home inspections, comply with the above, get a license!. The more licenses we have the better your website will look.

**Bottom line: **

Just do NOT mess with what we got! You have a HI license and took the INACHI W/M course? Yes. Then go do W/M. If you make mistakes in the form it is your problem. Do we need more training? YES. Why? Because the form will be change every six month. Where to take the training? On line. INACHI will offer the training at no cost to its members.

Do we need a lobbyist? YES. Do we need to contribute to pay the Lobbyist? **Yes! **How can we do that effectively so every home inspector in the state of Florida contributes to the pot. Easy! Raise the INACHI membership by $50.00. Then let’s use the money to sponsor the lobbyist. If you are against the INACHI membership to cover the cost of the lobbyist than you are out! Nick has always come forward. I am quite sure that he will do whatever it takes to engage and get all Florida HI issues resolve. He has done it in the past and he will do it again. We do not need any more associations or clubs. Do not fight the insurance company. Fight OIR they are responsable for the screwups in the form.