Old person pride

• Old People are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old People remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
  • Old People remember World War II, Pearl Harbor , Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
  • If you bump into an Old People on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Person on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old People trust strangers and are courtly to women.
  • Old People hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
  • Old People get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don’t like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
  • Old People have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it’s about their children or grandchildren.
  • It’s the Old People who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old People with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.
We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old People

• I was taught to respect my elders. It’s just getting harder and harder to find them lately.

Thanks for reminding me I am old, Jae! :wink:

And you wonder why the country is in the shape it is in. There are over 48 million people over age 60 in this country. Younger people better start listening. I always wanted to start a “life” class for youth, and tell them how it really is. Perhaps all of Washington DC should attend.

You know you are getting old when you open the newspaper and the first page you turn to is the obituaries.

what were we talking about…

You can still ‘talk’, and not just ‘croak’? :mrgreen:

…your dreams are dry and your farts are wet. :smiley:

““Way too many,” say the 30-somethings waiting for a promotion behind layers of middle managers with seniority, or the Gen-Xers wondering when “oldies” radio stations will start playing music from the 1980s. But that answer is not precise enough for demographers. Press accounts give various numbers, with 79 million a popular choice. There were actually 76 million births in the United States from 1946 to 1964, inclusive, the 19 years usually called the “baby boom.” (By contrast, there were only 66 million births, in a larger U.S. population, during the 19 years following the baby boom, which included the baby bust of the 1970s.) Of the 76 million born, about 4 million had died by April 1, 2000 (when Census 2000 was taken), leaving some 72 million survivors.
Census 2000 counted 79.6 million U.S. residents born in the years 1946 to 1964, inclusive. That number is higher than the 76 million births because net immigration (the number of people coming into the United States from other countries, minus those moving the other way) more than outweighed the number of deaths. The flow of immigrants greatly increased after passage of the Immigration Act of 1965, just as the baby boom was ending.
So one can use either of these figures to approximate the number of baby boomers — the 72 million who grew up wearing Davy Crockett-style faux-raccoon hats, or the 79 million wearing parrot heads to Jimmy Buffett concerts now”

An exceptional post Jae, well done.