on site reports

Here is a marketing tip that really works, but only if you generate a gorgeous, robust inspection report (otherwise don’t do it):

Specifically ask your client if they want you to mail a copy of the report to their agent. If they give you permission (you can get written permission by using www.nachi.org/survey )… do it, but don’t email it. Mail two hard-copies (printed) to the real estate agent at his/her office address.

These reports will end up on the agent’s desk where other agents will see them. Also, agents show other agents inspection reports. Also, newer agents take note of who veteran agents use for inspections. You want as many agents as possible to see printed samples of the work product you produce as a professional. For all these reasons, take every opportunity to mail hard copies to your client’s agent. The only thing better than your printed brochures floating around a real estate office is your printed reports floating around a real estate office.

You did soften up from your previous posts since no one jumped on board with you Mike, - here’s another one from you on this thread -
Mike says-"I am amazed people still would PAY for hand written ANYTHING .Did you also deliver them by mail :smile: Welcome to the Modern World. When is the last time someone actually paid you for a hand written report and where do you work? "

By the way who’s he pissed off at, as you say he will stay pissed off ???

Good luck to you Wayne ! You don’t need to thicken your skin as Mike says! I don’t see you’re pissed at anyone.
Wayne, Welcome on here and there are many to help you !
My older brother in his 60’s does hand written reports and he has no desire to change since he has 40 years of respect and continued business. No website either.

And how would I or others get in Touch with you .
No web site listed No email listed No phone listed .
You want help please do not be so secretive .

Send me a letter .Info below … Roy

I don’t fully agree with this statement.
I wished I was shown from the getgo to do onsite reporting. I wish I knew there were different mobile options. My first years in operation I spent so many late nights typing up report, not spending time with my family.
Now that we know the OP has been in the business for almost 2 decades, I think he has the inspecting experience. It doesn’t take a masters degree to figure out any mobile app.
I’ve had an employee for 4 months now who just started in the business. He does 100% onsite reporting. We do inspections in a team fashion, but every now and then, he has to go out alone and still does the report 100% onsite. He gets to go home and spend time with his family. I wished someone had shown me this when I started out.

To the Wayne, like Joe K. said, welcome to the board! All the major HI reporting softwares have mobile apps, to which you could use a hotspot to upload to your computer and then print with your printer.

I email the report to the client and offer a hard copy if they prefer. Usually have to mail 2 hard copies a year…still a few people without computers, crazy. My main competitor provides an onsite report (w/o pictures, he adds them later and emails finished product) but I have never had anyone complain about getting it emailed in a PDF. I do however provide a nice hard copy for a sellers inspection so they can leave it out…great advertising.

You are giving up the secrets…
:slight_smile: