One Year In

I don’t even know how to get inspection #1, the realtors are not making it easy on me

Nice!

Google

You gotta make it easy on them!

Give them something that makes them remember you. Realtors are very narcissistic. They are interested in what YOU can do to help THEM. They have little interest in helping you. Find out what that is, and make it work to your advantage. :smiley:

What are you trying to tell him? From what you say it appears that you are suggesting providing realtors with gifts. :shock:
At least that is what it appears to me.

My advice is stop focusing on being a home inspector who asks for jobs from agents.

Start thinking that you are a marketing executive who is in the business of customer service, and you just happen to provide customer service by providing quality home inspections.

Because:
Some agents have their home inspector, and they’ll never change, no matter what you do.

Some agents don’t refer any home inspectors because they don’t want the liability.

Some clients don’t want the home inspector their agent refers because they sense the conflict of interest.

Some clients need a home inspector even though it’s not a purchase transaction, and there is no agent involved.

Some agents may love you and promise you are their home inspector, but they don’t have any clients of their own to refer you to.

Which means having a good website, being all over social media, being active in your community, networking with other business leaders in your community, and making it easy for potential clients to do business with you.

Then at least you can get some inspections while waiting for the agents to warm up to you.

That’s why we should never** assume**.

An awesome inspection is not a gift,
Working closely within their client’s schedule is not a gift,
Communicating with closing coordinators, and going the extra mile to explain defects is not a gift,
Giving a client a thorough education on their prospective home is not a gift,
Making myself available to answer questions about components of the home, even ones I am not inspecting, is not a gift.

At least not the kind that can be wrapped.

My gift to them is my awesome service. They thank me for it continuously, and it doesn’t cost me anything. :smiley:

One way to get in with Realtors at first is by not going after Realtors at all. If you have a good website and you work on your SEO and social media pages, you will start getting people who want to use you because they “came across your website” when re-searching who they want to use.

That’s how I got in with Realtors at first, people would do their on re-search and liked what I offered. The Realtor(s) then have the opportunity to see what you provide.

If they like what they see the will refer you to future clients. If they don’t like what they see…well just make sure they like what they see

David Hays asks the most important question in sales.

Sounds like you are off to a comparatively good start. I’d love 71 inspections by the end of my first year. Happy to get any I can and I’m doing as many have suggested and continuing to market , network, and PUSH!

It will happen!

Congrats on making it to the one year mark, fellow Tennesseean.