Online Information Database for Mechanical Systems

Hi all,

During my home inspections I find that I spend a bit of time deciphering data and determining age, and other information. Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a system where you can enter a bit of information (such as a model number or serial number) and POOF >>> you get all the information you need about the system? Technical specifications, age, recalls, etc.?

I put together a short survey (10 questions) to get everyone’s input on this topic. If the feedback is favorable, then maybe in the not-so-distant future, it may be a dream no more! I would appreciate it if everyone could take 2 minutes or less to provide me with some feedback. The survey can be found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XW56L9W

Thanks,
-Haniel

That would be called ReCallCheck…already been done Haniel.

Yea, there is generation ONE of recall check. I am working on generation II. Better, immediate results and much cheaper. I think its too expensive for what you get. Just my 2 cents.

Why does not NACHI provide this since we are in constant contact ?
Could be a great member benefit rather than overpriced outside service.

Details to come Bob…

I do my recall checks through www.recalls.gov. My main concern is getting serial number information off of units such as the water heater, furnace or a/c unit to determine the age of the item itself. It would be nice to have an online option for this. There used to be one but for some reason I cannot get to it anymore.