Options for HI Software on MAC:2021

Hi,

First post and a new inspector getting started. I’m looking into software for reporting and now finding most are not optimized for Mac OS. I’m working on either a Macbook Pro running El Capitan or an iMac running High Sierra. To start with, I will probably not be using the device in the field but rather for completing reports at home. To complicate matters my phone is an Android, but will only be used for pictures, for now. Anyone know which of the software is compatible with Mac these days?

Hi Dennis welcome to the forum. I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you. I use an iPhone in the field and an iPad at home.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Dennis!..Enjoy! :smile:

I believe Home Inspector Pro is optimized for MACs, too.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Dennis. Enjoy!! :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you (and others welcoming me)! So far, HIP is the only one I have found, maybe EZ HIS as well, but still not clear. Unfortunately there is no running list I could find with Mac OS compatible software options, hence me asking here.

1 Like

Check here. Scroll down to the software list and call them. I know there are more.

https://hinarratives.com/narrative-library-formats/choosing-inspection-software/

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Dennis!

2 Likes

Take a look at Tap Inspect. It’s Mac OS based only.

1 Like

What Thomas said. Tap Inspects works great on my iPhone and I can touch it up on the iPad.

1 Like

Spectacular is available for Mac: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spectacular-home-inspection/id542218862?mt=8

Thanks!

As far as I can tell, that’s only for mobile devices and not Mac based laptops/desktops. Let me know if I’m wrong though.

You are correct.

2 Likes

Home Inspector Pro is compatible with both Windows and Mac.

1 Like

Welcome…Happy Inspecting !!!

3 Likes

Hmm…I never knew that but then again, I only use my iPhone and iPad for inspections.

I tried using TI a few weeks ago on my iMac it does not load. Strictly iPhone and iPad which is just fine with me.

2 Likes

Home Inspector Pro has a MAC version.

Spectora works on any platform as it’s cloud-based. I can bounce between my MAC desktop and Windows laptop and work on the same report either way.

2 Likes

How ya doin, Ralph? Long time, no post.

1 Like

Hey Junior, I’m doing well, thanks for asking sir. Hope you and yours are having a happy and healthy new year!

For the most part I just sit back, read, and learn. I only responded above as I had something to share on the topic. I just removed my comment once I realized another person had already mentioned the same thing.

Stay well my friend!

1 Like