OREP Insurance

Originally Posted By: khinshaw
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does anyone use OREP for insurance? I paid my application fee as of June and I still have not any insurance. It has been 8 weeks now. I call them and they say will get back to me which they have not icon_cry.gif What should I do? Should I wait or go to FREA and pay the extra coverage?

Originally Posted By: Chris Butler

Ken,

stay on them or call the actual agency that David is brokering it through. Which is S.H. Smith & Company, Inc. - West Hartford, CT. 800-356-0168. Or you can call the carrier which is Maxum Indemnity Company in Duluth, GA. at 678-597-4500. Let them know the delay and they might be able to get you the policy information you seek. If not, stay on David - he has an obligation to get you something in writing that you have coverage. If it is the actual policy you are waiting for, they can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 weeks to get with us (FREA) as an FYI. When I was an agent I had a work comp. policy that took 7 months to get from the carrier…

nice huh?

Good luck, and after 3 months (which should be the down that you paid) cancel and come join FREA.

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(former) Director of Membership @ FREA

Originally Posted By: jstone

I went through OREP for my general liability insurance. Called the number for gen. liability and got coverage right away. Received the papers the next week.

If you are talking about E&O, I have no experience with that and OREP.

Originally Posted By: psisler

Ken,

I agree with Chris on this. I went to OREP and had the same problem, got fed up and contacted Chris at FREA. Happy customer.

Patrick

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

This is my second year with FREA. They are responsive to my needs, and I highly recommend them.