Out swinging entry door?

There are in-swing storm doors too.

Storm doors in Florida are retractable reel panels. Can’t say about the northern storm doors but if the entry swings in, I would think the storm door swings out similar to a screen door arrangement.

Again, I would like to see that mandate please.

I live right off of Lake Michigan, all of the doors on the lake side of the house open out. I’m not certain it was intentional, but it certainly keeps the doors from blowing open during high winds.

I think Marco Island requires out swing if not impact rated, if they are impact rated they can in swing.
This is an out swing entry with in swing storm door. Roll ups are storm shutters.:wink:

So what happens when the wind is blowing hard and you open your out swinging door.
Funny they don’t have these in Wyoming or Estes Park Colo. where it never ever stops blowing and hard to in the winter.

If anybody has a local code amendment that requires outswing doors in FL, please post. I do know that FBC Residential 2010 does not mandate this, even in the HVHZ. All swing doors for new construction and retrofits must have at least a wind load rating, and some areas require impact resistance.