PA SB359 March 11 2008

Write your Senators and include your mailing address so they know you are in their district.

Nick, does iNACHI have a stand on this?

I’m 100% down, but I may not stand for much not yet being a Home Inspector, but have alot to argue on every one of those facts, I have some money and and as much time as I can possibly give invested, but to have to do all that after all I’ve been doing, redicluous, wheather or not that you live in PA you should still write with us. This thing could spread, and I know I will do w/e is needed to stop something like that, let me know.

Adam T Veitenheimer
267-886-2396

I Love it.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
All These comments are coming from nickey current, or wanntbe nicki certified inspectors.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I thought nacho certified inspectors were better, and more qualified than all other inspectors, many of these inspectors are even telling the public this on their websites. :shock:
Now the truth comes out, many of the best of the best cannot even qualifiy for a states minuium lic standards.:roll: :roll: :roll:

Chris writes:

No. We normally don’t involve ourselves in YOUR state’s licensing issues other than to assure that all legislation is asssociation-neutral, which we accomplished when we hosted a meeting with the Senator last year: www.nachi.org/greenleaf.htm

Dan,

Until you show us you passed INACHI’s exam 100% or show proof you passed the NHIE with a score of 96% or better
SHUT THE HELL UP!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Despite the fact that you and other nickey certified elite put any value and claim to be superior over other inspectors, due to taking nickeys on-line open book quizzes. Why should I waste my time, not to mention, nick won’t let me take his quizzes anymore. It’s clear providing proof of passing nickies exam to anybody but nick to get your $s, with 10% or 100% has no value to any of the states that require licensing, or any other HI org to be marketed to the public as a qualified/ certified inspector.:twisted:

I do find it interesting that many of nickeys certified Pa inspectors that are now inspecting, are now coming out, and publicly stating that they don’t even meet the current state requirements:roll: :roll:

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dan,

Like my great grand dad used you say “You talk like a man with a paper A-Hole”.

Hey what can I say.:twisted: :twisted:
The truth P… Off some, some agree, the states seem to agree with my thinking, if my little imput helps the public get a better home inspection, my jobs being done…
Sounds like ole busshys next, well mayBe, that’s if he can convince the state that his crime was not really a crime, he was just a victim of being at the wrong place at the wrong time:mrgreen:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Believe Dan, you don’t p_ss me off, I’m just sick and tired of you stupid, worthless diatribes, so…

Until you show us you passed INACHI’s exam 100% or show proof you passed the NHIE with a score of 96% or better
SHUT THE HELL UP!

What have you got to lose, other than your pride for not being able to be the superior ASHI inspector your post’s seem to imply? Come on Dan, time to grow a pair and show us how simple it is to score 100%

OK so this “bill” is up for a vote in the senate, but it still has a couple of hurdles to get over.
It has to pass the house of reps right? then be signed by Rendell right?

I’m going to watch the senate vote on Monday … if this turd passes the Senate then I’ll start to rethink things.

Until then here is the list of Senators and a link to every district in the state. I suggest we ALL start emailing and calling letting our elected officials know just what we think of this “bill”.

Have you read this “revised” version of last years bill? It’s the same bill only worse … well worse for non a$hi members.

Chris D (still not a lawyer)

I see no association bias in this Bill. All bias has been removed IMHO. It’s lousy legislation, but lousy to all.

Dan Harris writes:

I’m pleased that as of yesterday, Dan Harris has begun using the word “quizzes” in the plural. I guess he finally got tired of me asking him which quiz he was referring to in www.nachi.org/rigorous2006.htm

Congrats on your evolution toward truth Dan!

Chris first off, hit me up if we have a plan, I wrote letters 2 of the 3 days since i heard, you know how bad I can’t wait to start this. For the other guy, I havent joined because I have had alot of family problems in the past 2 months that really slowed everything, but still hasn’t stopped me. Everyone one else, nick, even thought I haven’t had the pleasure to meet you yet, you have to see a problem with this move, I personally have spent months dedicating myself making sure I make our org. and career choice look as good as I can possibly provide, because this industy does need a boost and I’m not in it just for the money, Im in it becuse I want to honesty help. I will be a full member by April 15th, but that should have nothing to do with the fact that this is NOT right, and us PA (myself=wanna be inspector) inspectors need help from everyone. I’ll say it again if anyone needs me to do anything I will help to the best of my abilities, because I think this is one dream that is a reality and will change the way things are, what is so wrong about getting names on a list and saaying thats not right? and I’ll even start it, and to show how dedicated I am, Im receiveing a comp. membership from Allied home Inspection school, but Ill pay outa my pocket and join to show you guys I support you 199%. Dare me to prove you wrong, but seriusly ask yourself if this bill is right and If you would do the same thing for your state…

Some of you have become almost friends to me, and I thank everyone for what they have taught me, now it’s my turn to return the favor wheather it’s my state or yours, help us with this, and I will forever have your back as you have had mine…

Sorry to get all mushy,
Thanks guys

Adam Veitenheimer
267-886-2396

And please can we stop using this particular thread for any “problems”. This is a serious issue and needs to be not put on the back burner… Thankyou

Adam Veitenehimer

Curious, so since NACHI became involved last year with the earlier bill, is this version a NACHI accomplishment?

Tom

P.S. Remember to call your elected officials, give your address, and mention you are a registered voter too, if so.

D harris - I am not a NACHI member. However, your statements demonstrate that you are either choosing not to read the posts in this forum or are unable to. What these individuals are saying is NOT that they do not meet state requirements (perhaps you do not know what the state requirements are?) but that there is a bill pending that purports to CHANGE the state requirements that would disqualify many experienced quality inspectors, i.e. creating a new licensing requirement beyond the current requirements in the statute, AND not allowing this new license to any home inspector who has already complied with existing statute requirements, but has not been in business for at least 5 years (regardless of their level of experience). As you can imagine, ALL PA inspectors, regardless of their affiliations with NACHI, ASHI, NAHI, etc., who have less than 5 years in business, will be disqualified from obtaining a license and will have to halt their livelihood while jumping through additional hoops. Instead, they will have to retake courses and tests they have already taken, pay a bunch of revenue-generating fees, jump through rather meaningless hoops,etc. (meaninglless, since they have already long since been qualified as worthy home inspectors, having already complied with current state requirments, passed tests, etc…) If you are a PA inspector with less than 5 years, you may be best served by concerning yourself with this statute as well, rather than posting childish and illiterate comments that serve no useful purpose :).

Trust me I have read the posts, and also read many embarrassing posts made everyday by nickey wannabe, nickey only, and some state certified, if you also read these posts, some them claim they know it all, and are the best. Truth is, sadly some of these know it alls are training other inspectors, when challenged by other inspectors that do know more than them, the know it alls replies are an embarrassment to all HI’s and our profession.

If your an inspector you should be embarrassed, the same as some very knowledgeable nacho members are.

Lic. will put inspectors with less than 5 yrs exp. out of business.
No Lic , and additional training will help many of them with less than 5 yrs exp. provide a better and more informed inspection.

I was one with less than 3yrs HI exp. and completed a HI course, when Lic started in my state. I thought I knew it all,
was certified by nicki, and did not meet my states min exp. requirements, it was only after I attended additional HI courses, local CE classes, did I realize that what I knew, was just min knowledge.

It’s sad to see posts by the clown from Phil that claims to have HI training, and all kinds of construction exp, I inspect new homes every day, and see work done by guys with the same claims, ] where it stands now, this guy can someday pass nicks on-line open book quiz, promise nick to some day complete other non verified items, with current non/ or min. Pa HI enforcement, this guy will be marketed as a certified inspector, right along with others that went way above the min standards proposed.

All one has to do is read, inspection reports by both new, and experienced inspectors, summitted for state requirements, and read HI complaints on states Lic sites to see there are many inspectors, some of them certified by nick, that claim to have years of HI experience , they still did not meet the states min. standards , when a complaint was filed against them.

</IMG>

Thomas writes

Again, InterNACHI generally only involves itself in licensing where a Bill suffers from association bias. The PA Bill is association-neutral and lousy as far as I can tell, so it is up to PA members to decide to support or fight it at this point.