"Palm Tech" report time

Originally Posted By: dargabright
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m trying to shorten the time it takes to complete my reports. The palm tech report is plenty detailed and my average report takes around two hours to complete back at the office.

I have the portable computer but don't want to use it on site as I believe 2 1/2 - 3 hours for an average house is as long as I can keep the home buyers attention.

I have the "inspection designer" version 3 and have been using this system for almost two years. Many of the comments are written from scratch while the rest are my boiler pate that is somewhat modified.

I'd like to cut a little time away from the current 5+ total hours for each house. Any Ideas?

David A.
Getting really tired in Columbus Ohio

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Less scratch & more boilerplate.

Don't have to finish it on site, but entering a lot of the data on site instead of writing it down to input back at the office can save a bunch of time.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: dargabright

I don’t take the time to write notes. I carry a recorder and use it as my notepad. Don’t have to worry about rain or smuged writting and the comments are quicker and more to the point. That alone saved me 30 minutes. Talk and walk.

David A.