Panel location

While the “extra inch” isn’t much of a big deal, the 10 foot reference was completey inaccurate.

The clearance requirement comes into effect when the drop is *“within ten feet horizontally of the waters edge.” *If the drop is outside of that distance, then normal clearance to ground (10 feet) or driveways (12 feet) are required.

Then you better tell Nick to correct it in the How to Inspect Pools and Spas course.
All it says is 10 feet horizontaly from the pools edge.

NEC section 680.7 pools hot tubs, spas shall not be placed withih 10 feet ofservice drop or overhead service.

NEC 680.22 Receptables must be at least 10 feet from inside wall of pool and must be GFCI protected.

Some transmission lines require 22.5 feet distance but not electric

motors and switches can be within 5 feet if a wall ,fence or other barrier is present.

hope this helps

Are you saying a pool can not be placed under a service drop, regardless of vertical clearance?

Thanks John for comfirming this! 22.6" is recommended as a safer distance from the pool from the service drop or transmission lines in the “How To Inspect Pools and Spas course.”

John did not confirm anything. Jeff P explained Exactly what the requirements/code are for service drop clearance at pools.

Once again you have no clue.

Jeffrey was wrong twice!

Show me where?

No if you can’t figure it out I wont go there again!

Already new that was your answer. Can’t wait for Jeff’s response.

You are a moron…

Seems to be contradicted by this:

This is exactly what it says Robert on page 50.

Overhead Conductor Clearance

There should be at least 22 1/2 feet clearance in any direction to the water level, the edge of the water surface and the base of a diving platform.

I’ve heard if you read it on the internet it must be true. :wink:

I think where the conflict comes in as to the 22 1/2 verses 22.5
And what is said is the water not the edge of the pool. However as you look at the reference just given it speaks of a diving platform.
There is no mention of a diving platform in the code.

Are you that math challenged? :roll::roll:

22 1/2 = 22.5 as in 22 ft. 6"

or didn’t you know that 0.5 ft. = 6"

It depends Michael on if you add “”"""""""" ‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

No it doesn’t.

You are simply wrong **AGAIN.

22.5" = 22 -1/2"

Table 680.8 in the NEC shows clearances from diving boards and observation stands.

Here is Jeffreys post.

Possibly, but it’s 22.5 (22-1/2) feet OR at least 10 feet away measured horizontally from the waters edge.