Paper Backed Batts

I saw this yesterday on a $1 mil. upgrade.

P3080027 (Small).JPG

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: I am glad to say that this was before my father had a gleam in his eyes for me to become.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Samuel-Cabot-Inc-Company-History.html

Here;

Into the 1940s many of Cabot’s main sellers were close kin to products from the company’s earliest days. Old products, such as Lampblack, Beehive Pitch, and Cabot’s Quilt, continued to bring in major revenue. During World War II, while Cabot III served in the Army Air Corps, Cabot II developed new products. He and his associates created Klengon, a hand cleaner. His black-out paint, used to darken windows to reduce their visibility to German war planes, was mainly sold to U.S. government agencies. In October 1944 Cabot II won a patent on “a method of reducing the visibility of an object when seen against the sky, water or distant background.” Total company sales increased every year from 1942 through 1954.

I’ve never seen this insulation before and I have done a lot of select demolition to gain access to asbestos insulation for removal in many old buildings in Chicago. This looked like shredded paper bunched together with a paper backing. They gutted the interior and were adding on to the rear of the home. This is a $1mil. upgrade!!! You would think it would be cheaper to knock it down and start from scratch.

P3080022 (Small).JPG

P3080025 (Small).JPG

P3080034 (Small).JPG