Part time inpectors

I don’t have any first hand knowledge regarding the 28 day rotation, but this is (first and foremost) a relationship business. I imagine telling people that you’re not available for another 3-4 weeks, so they fulfill the need elsewhere. So expecting them to call you again the next time the need arises seems remote.

Maybe it can work, but it will take a long time to develop a good client base, and the timing isn’t great due to most RE contracts.

2 Likes

Yeah, my week and week works great. When I started out the average wait time for an inspection was 3-4 weeks. We’re damn near double the national average on closing a house (90 days). They know my schedule and being available when I am works out. The 28/28 shouldn’t be too bad depending on the market. It has it’s values.

1 Like

Thanks for replying!! I have not launched the business yet. I am still in the planning stages. I have connections in the real estate industry that are willing to work around the 28/28 schedule until I get going full time. I am not doing anything until at least spring and at that point I’m hoping to do one or two a trip home.