Passed the NHIE exam today! :) my thoughts and comments

Thank You! I do find that very useful information.I am half way through my licensing. My next step is Profession Inspector in Tx.
Theresa Craig

2 Likes

Glad you found it helpful.

Do you feel that passing the 12 required first year courses for interNACHI is sufficient preparation for the NHIE?

1 Like

Helpful hints for New Inspectors.pdf (230.1 KB)
Here’s some tips you won’t learn in school, good luck!

2 Likes

Purely that, no. I completed the 14 courses as required by my state. I then completed a couple of other courses that are part of the Nachi CPI. There was still some information I came across going through quizzes and the study questions that I didn’t recall covering in my courses. IMO I think they CPI courses will cover a good portion of the NHIE it but not enough to pass purely on that.

Thank you, though I had already downloaded it when I came across it from another post :wink:

I did find it to have a lot of helpful information though and think it’s probably worth reviewing for any new inspector.

Now they’re asking questions about solar panels? OMG.

1 Like

Yes, it caught me off guard as something that never would be within the scope of a standard Home Inspection. It really made me wonder what exactly they are trying to accomplish.

Increasing their revenue from re-examination fee’s!!

1 Like

Congratulations Chase.

Looking ford ward for feedback from your first inspection.

1 Like

Congratulations, I’m :pray: I pass mine in July

2 Likes

Congratulations. Welcome to the board

1 Like

Good stuff Chase, Thanks! I took the exam today and scored 440 which is 60 point below passing. A little discouraging too because I feel like I saw a lot of questions on information I have not yet come across. I too had been beating the bushes going through the InterNACHI courses and practice exam, questions, the whole nine yards and yet came up short. If you break the test up I feel like I struggled on the first half and excelled on the second half of the exam. So, you in fact didn’t have to wait that long for your post to be of good use! I’m taking a couple of days to clear my head and then I’m getting back after it. If you have any more insight you wanna pass along, feel free to do so!
Thanks and best of luck!

1 Like

Congrats, Chase!

1 Like

And, welcome to our forum Chris, Elizabeth and Wayne!..Enjoy!

And, welcome back to our forum David! :smile:

Best of luck! Stay calm take your time!

Sorry to hear that man. That’s a drag. I’m glad you found some of what I had useful information though. I think that’s a good plan. Clear your headspace a little and then get back at it. Best of luck next time.

@amadrwski @epayne3 @dvandermeulen @lkage

Thank you all for the kind words. I’m glad to be a part of the group. Now to keep going onward and upward in skill and knowledge.

I too passed my test yesterday!! I studied here for about 2 months, getting my 80 Hours of course work required and then used the practice test a lot if not everyday, brushed up a lot on my electrical and HVAC knowledge. I am a General Contractor over the last 35 years so am looking to switch careers so I breezed through the test in about an hour and a half and found that this group had all the info I needed to pass… Thanks for the course work and I will be looking for an inspector to shadow as well…even though I am a know it all Contractor I still don’t know how to do a proper inspection that I would be proud to charge someone for…

1 Like

That is great news Chris, congratulations!