Passed the state exam! first try

Your next step should be joining InterNACHI and working on your CPI here. It’s a gift that keeps on giving in many ways. So much knowledge you can learn, even from these forums, once you are a member. Advice you should consider. :wink:

3 Likes

Congratulations now the real work begins.

3 Likes

I will be doing that as soon as possible, you can bet on it!

2 Likes

yeah… now I have to actually make some money lol

3 Likes

Congratulations Dustin

3 Likes

Another bit of advice Dustin, is to drop this “generation” thingy. You will be dealing with all types and you might as well learn to accept a “boomer” following you around and telling you everything your doing wrong… :joy: :wink:

5 Likes

Your next task will be to select a marketing cow to milk for leads, there are many to be sure but the best will come from previous clients and unsuspected sources, pay attention…

4 Likes

Congratulations, Dustin, :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome! Best of luck with your new career.

2 Likes

I’ll just explain to them that I’m already married :smiley:

4 Likes

State Tests. As a code compliance inspector, I have often seen HI test questions that could have 2 correct answers depending on what code one was using.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations Dustin. I have taken it as well, I passed, but my point is I know it is a very tough test both for the content and the restrictions of how to take it, but maybe more so on how the wording is constructed to present the condition, question, situation. Congratulations Dustin. You should now join INACHI, so in advance, I will say welcome aboard.

2 Likes

Congrats as well. Take advantage of the next few months…It will be way slower than you expect. Sign up for CPI Certification with Internachi and start plugging away on more classes. You will need to CE credits and will learn more. Once you get busy, finding the time for more training is a tough thing. I would also recommend to pay attention to the forum. There is some sarcastic banter on here (That can be filtered), but a lot of good learning to be had with random “What is this?” pictures on oddities that will never be covered in a class or test, but things you will come against and wonder WTF is this!!! Do not be afraid to ask questions as they come up. It is the only way you will really wrap your mind around things. Also, if something does come up…search the forum first. Likely someone else has had the same question at some point in time.

4 Likes

WTG Dustin !!

3 Likes

Congrats. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations, Dustin!

1 Like

Congratulations! Just out of curiosity, where are you? I would be interested to know what exam they used.

1 Like

I’m in Oklahoma

Congratulations, Dustin.
Wishing you all the nest with your home inspection business endeavors.
Best regards.
Robert Young

1 Like