Patent Trolling Legislation Update

Quote" There has only been one suit that I know of and I got that suit withdrawn."
That’s fine." You are what you are":mrgreen: If I re-call this case was one example that ASHI got re-fired up on this topic, I also believe he was an NACHI member and was not an ASHI member.

I’m just amassed a vender that tries to get business from all inspectors, yet he thinks its in his best interest to favor one association marketing attempts over another, on an open site. NOW that’s STUPID:roll:

Like I stated I figured I was done with this topic,{ by figuring you are what you are} until this wanntbe marketing JA involved me. :twisted:

They formed a task force. LOL! :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL Wheew I’m impressed , this guy with the little man syndrome has a Maserati and brags how he spends $50,000 to protect his customers from fraudulent and illegal lawsuits.

“Your Quotes to all inspectors that read this site” :roll::roll:ASHI put out a story about this full of inaccuracies, and Every inspector has a choice. Join InterNACHI, have license to utilize the patents."
So your position is ASHI puts out stories that are full of inaccuracies and every inspector should join NACHI .

Yeep I’ll make sure to tell all ASHI members to support a vender that badmouths, and possibly lies about their association, and tell them to support the vender that tells them to join another association to be able to use that associations patents or get sued.

So you are claiming to all professions including home inspectors here ASHI lied to them and ASHI members?
Despite taking a stand [per the letter posted in post # 1 ] that will benefit all inspectors and all others that use IR they didn’t do anything.

If I had anything to say to ASHI it would be, they need to investigate their venders before approving them, their product, and paying them with the members registration fees to present marketing seminars at their conventions.

You should. They are Homesafe’s patents, they are the trolls and any angst focused away from them is wasted. They should be brought down with a constant barrage of patent challenges until they are drained of all resources. They’re patents are absurd.

A committee or taskforce, while ultimately needed, will take years to accomplish the above.(And it should be accomplished) In the meantime, there is a refuge which is a deterrent to Homesafe even filing a suit: NACHI membership. And you’ll get much more than $500 worth if benefits from it.

As long as NACHI doesn’t become the troll, I’m cool.

There is a gap in the logic if this. Aren’t some Homesafe inspectors our competitors?

I agree the patents are absurd , it appears per Nicks claims, of our patents, they are also NACHI patents.
I seem to re-call Nick stated something to the effect, on another post a while back, this is something he can use to get revenge against NAHI members
Isn’t that a trollish action? :wink:

Not a “gap in the logic” at all. No more than thinking that a fortress wall that protects all InterNACHI members but also protects a few non-InterNACHI members wouldn’t be worth building.

LOL! Too late. I’ve totally decimated them in the free market over the years and did it long before I added these patents to our long list of Membership Benefits and Competitive Advantages - InterNACHI® . I don’t suspect they have 300 due-paying members left.

InterNACH on the other hand has a 1.1 million post message board, hundreds of free inspection courses, a 285,000-page website with 16 million unique visitors, dozens of books in publication, has been awarded over 1,200 governmental approvals and accreditations, and has operations all over the world.

thNYJGD36Q.jpg

LOL …" Wow, you’re a lying little ****
Whats the matter little man, facts and quoting your posts are pi—ing you off. :twisted::twisted:

Recently another inspector stated this about you and your marketing tactics
"I chuck it up to the Napoleon syndrome! "
I think I have to agree :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Your questioning my Integrity :roll::roll: one of your quote states " Join InterNACHI" then you slammed ASHI by saying they didn’t do anything. Joining with 45 other professional associations to address this problem is doing nothing?
Maybe some day someone in ASHI management, and members will figure you out for what a snake you are.

OBTW. As far as users of your crap getting my customers your full of s–t
Fact - At a recent 2 day seminar the question was asked of 60 total inspectors attending if anyone used your stuff. NO one admitted they did , I know one that didn’t reply advertises he does, guess he was ashamed to admit it since he later claimed he was very slow.

Considering I could care less about using Infrared, I think I will support the HI association that joined 45 other professional associations opposed to being forced to join another association, or be forced to buy products from a vender that requires me to sell my customers personal information to get free crap for legal protection.

As long as NACHI uses your dues to feed the troll and keeps you captive as a member due to the threat which your dues serve to maintain, you’re cool.

A patent troll is one of those things that if you do not fight, you passively support. The patent troll directly profits by your NACHI membership dues both financially and through Nick’s public endorsement of their grossly overreaching patent claim (see his press release).

“” I wonder how many in ASHI leadership have Dan Harris listed in their phones under “Do Not Answer”.
LOL. never had no one not answer my phone calls or reply to my emails. I have had a few value and take actions from my opinions:twisted::twisted:

Seeing that you know more than anybody else about this topic maybe you can explain to all inspectors, other professionals that read this site.
What is absurdly inaccurate account about this link

http://www.homeinspector.org/email_documents/Bill_S_1720_Letter.pdf?utm_source=Update+on+ASHI+"Patent+Trolling"+Legislation&utm_campaign=Legislation+Update&utm_medium=email

Chuck, there are a zillion great causes we could spend members’ dues on. But members don’t pay dues for me to give to the Free Tibet movement or the Save the Whales fund. This issue simply doesn’t impact InterNACHI members. I can’t justify spending other people’s money on it. If you want to fight it, go ahead, but unless you are a party to a legal proceeding, I think you will discover that you can’t even enter the ring. You have no standing.

If members wish to spend their own money to free Tibet, increase disclosure requirements for patent trolls, or save whales… they are free to do so. I might even join you. I just can’t spend member’s dues on it when members aren’t being harmed.

Furthermore, I fully support the aforementioned legislation, but it wouldn’t have changed anything with regard to InterNACHI’s patents and license agreements regarding this issue. Not a dang thing.

You think it has to be one or the other. That is incorrect. I will gladly send dues to NACHI rather than:

a. spend money on Homesafe’s fees for their “permission” or…
b. spend money on lawyers to defend myself alone while a taskforce gives me a thumbs-up from a distance.

I will also happily donate to any taskforce which actively goes after those patents. Show me where to sign up. In the meantime, my dues were going to NACHI either way, I fail to see how I should be swayed by that argument. Letting Homesafe destroy your business in court or paying their fees is just another way of them getting what they want, which is getting your money or ending your business. They are after all, a home inspection company, a competitor. Join NACHI or don’t, Homesafe will still be getting something from us all until they or their patents are gone.

I don’t think NACHI’s deal with Homesafe is a moral issue, so I have no problem with NACHI feeding the beast until it’s head is lined up just right to be removed. I read the press release, it was a lot of hot air that won’t matter in the end. The patents are indefensible regardless of who owns them or endorses them. The day in court needs to happen either way.

If an action takes place, yes.

You are correct, Nick made comments regarding the use of the patents to go after non-members. We repeatedly asked him about it and he stated those were not his plans. I, along with you I’m sure, am keeping my eyes open for any change in that area.

Actually, if you read the entire thread in the members-only forum, I didn’t even want a press release. Members insisted I procure one long after I quietly acted to protect InterNACHI members. I had to go back and get one.

InterNACHI has a long history (just look at all the domain names, software, taglines, copyrights and trademarks we own) of gobbling up intellectual property we may or may not one day need to help our members. These patents where just another day at the office… adding to the huge pile of competitive advantages InterNACHI members enjoy.

Note to non-members: The pile is going to keep growing, so get used to it.