Patio Cover, Make up your mind

I’m glad you pest guy was a minister. He probably has the experience to know exactly what to do. Your description of her response seemed a little extreme, but I can see the “boundary” side of the issue too. You don’t want your 4 year old little girl walking up to men who are total strangers and striking up conversations. I certainly don’t know the circumstances but if you were someone other than the “fatherly” person you are, that could be dangerous for the little girl.

Yes, that’s a good point Mark and makes sense. The mom’s reaction was out of proportion to the circumstances however and that’s what got our attention. It was not gentle counseling that the Mom was giving to the child, it was over the top and seemed more of an attempt by the mom to assert authority than anything else. She wasn’t trying to teach the child safety, she was mentally berating and beating her down. I do agree with your observation though, especially due to who the little girl will likely be around in the future.

Wayne…I think that’s exactly right, she probably doesn’t hear many kind words or get’s a friendly smile from someone very often.

These kinds of situations break your heart and always makes a strong impression on me. You want to tell the adults that if they do not want the child there are thousands upon thousands of childless couples who would cherish them and take care of them properly. Truth is without those children most of the adults would not qualify for the assistance they receive and would have to get a job in order to live so they keep them around but do not love on them at all. This is going to bug for me now thinking of her stuck in this hell hole.

It will stick with you all your life, You watch the news nd papers if it was bad enough . Most people know the difference of a concerned mother or a abusive one . doesn’t matter if your a man of cloth or not right is right wrong is wrong .
Mike I know from first hand experience i was from the situation not my mother though . Good old catholic father and family. He was just a bad person that was a coward. I later handle it in my own way. Saved my mother . and had a normal life . Love kids got a great wife. We would not hesitate to call Authorities for sure . but sometimes that will make you angry too. More people need to care , Sounds like you do My hat is off to you
Hope it works out for you.