People still live in this place

Originally Posted By: senomoto
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Stephen Enomoto

Horizon Home Inspection LLC

“You expect the Best . . . We’ll provide no Less”

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I can trace my electric lines thru the plaster walls in my home with my volt stick. Not sure what the pics with the volt stick are depicting with the exception of the freezer.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

your volt stick (sometimes called a “tick”) merely reads a magnetic field generated by just about any electrical source. it does not specify voltage, but actually transfer by induction (like how an electric magnet works) seems like some pretty old receptacles. is it a k&t set up. if so the old insulation jackets are probably cloth like and release more mag.feild than modern wiring. but that’s just a thought. the fridge… aiwebs_014.gif

Originally Posted By: Jon Jones

Typically, this is an indication of an ungrounded receptacle. I find that quite often when refrig. is plugged into a ground adapter, or an extension cord. Why is is that people feel the need to pull the ground prong out of the ext cords? nachi_sarcasm.gif

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

usualy because at one point in the cords life it had to be mated to a light duty ungrounded cord, wouldn’t fit and POP off comes the ground prong…not that i’ve ever done that. eusa_whistle.gif