Pete Campbell had a stroke

That is one of the things I hate about the internet. You always get the sh-t news instead of just wondering what happened to so and so you know all the crappy details.

I myself am beyond tired of losing seeming healthy friends and family it sucks. It really takes its toll emotionally.

News Flash!
We are all gonna die…Yep!

Sucks going slowly, bit by bit like me. At least he went fast :slight_smile:

Fast is good for the person going, but seems to leave the people left behind empty.

About 16 years ago my stepmom walked into the house to wash up and go to DQ with one of the neighbors. Coming back out to the drive … She dropped dead in her tracks. Nobody had time to say goodbye. Much of the family was ???

About 12 years ago my mom had a diabetic seizure, was taken to hospital, where she proceeded to have a stroke, go into a coma and lingered for 2 weeks in AND out of consciousness. We all got to say goodbye. Was that better ???

About 5 years ago a close friend got cancer and spend 3 years AND mega $$$$$$ fighting it at hospitals like MD Anderson in Houston; the Mayo Clinic; somewhere in Denver; and a place in Oklahoma City I think called simply the Cancer Center. Everybody had 3 years to get prepped for the end result BUT …

When he died, the bills he left behind were staggering AND everything he’d owned had mortgages or 2nd mortgages OR liens, etc. His wife and kids owed everybody.

So whats best ?? …

I do not want to even see it coming. I guess I am a coward when it comes to the end. I am not sure I want my Daughter there either as well because we were all there when my Dad died of cancer not fast and the moment he died and I do not want my daughter to remember me like that.

Love your family and live everyday like it is your last so that you have “No Regerts”!

That is why I am still working at my age the wife has had cancer 3 different times and I have had it once. Most don’t realize how expensive fighting the big C is my wife was having one vaccine that cost over 5K and was getting it once a week. We have been blessed as most of our bills are nearly paid won’t leave the kids with nothing but a Red hat:D

Sucks to hear :frowning: hOPEFULLY SOMEDAY THERE WILL BE A CURE :slight_smile:

Charley …

My best man was the type that never got sick. After Vietnam he’d gone to college for 2 years in farm agriculture then dropped out and started working for some old widowed German farmer in mid Missouri. About 4 years later the old farmer had a stroke. His daughter was a big lawyer on the east coast and had not come to see him in 7-8 years. The farmers son was a surgeon in LA and same as daughter never came to see dad.

The farmer made my buddy an offer that if my buddy worked the farm, when the old man died he’d sell him the 1,000 acres of Missouri bottom land for what his daddy paid for it 70 years before (turned out to be a little over $2 p/acre). My buddy Bob did it and right before he passed, the farmer was true to his word and sold the farm and equipment to my buddy Bob for under $5k.

Bob worked that farm AND did fantastic. Nice cars, big 6,500sf house on 300 acres (Not the farm ground). House and boats at the Lake Ozark. **Everything he had was paid for **AND then at 62 he had chest pains at his only daughters wedding. Turns out it was just angina BUT during the tests they found out he had cancer.

For the next 4 years he was at the Cancer Center in Oklahoma; MD Anderson in Houston; the Mayo Clinic; KU … Fighting it. Two years ago he lost.

The med bills went so far out beyond hospitalization insurance costs that by the time he passed everything he had worked for had liens, 2nd mortgages, had been sold to help pay medical bills, etc. Worse yet for the wife left behind NOW living in an older 1 bedroom apt on social security … was the debts and at 65 or 66 not much hope for a decent retirement for her.

I always wondered if years on a farm with fertilizers, herbicides, well water contributed to the cancer.

SO again fast may be better in some cases.

Dan

I of all people full understand the cost of cancer but the money does not matter my family has their Mother and I have my wife, my horses and my dogs what else do we need:D:D:D:D