pilot and furnance light then the furnance goes out

Originally Posted By: joe stewart
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

yes i just bought this house and it is the first winter in it. i have a heil-quaker heating and ac product and the modil number is NRGE30LAK02. The problem is that the pilot light lights and the furnance turns on, but in about 1 minute everthing turns off. is there something that i am missing or can do to fix it. please let me know soon i’m freezing. thank you

Originally Posted By: jpope

get the home owners warranty, didn’t you?

Jeff Pope

JPI Home Inspection Service

“At JPI, we’ll help you look better”

(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: rcallis

Heil Quaker is the same as Tempstar, I believe. It sounds like the fan limit switch needs replacing. If the furnace heats up to a set temp the switch should turn the fan on. If the fan doesn’t come on the furnace will “lock-out” and you have to re-set it by turning down the t’stat and the turn it back up.

Reggie

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Joe -

As a past HVAC factory service rep, it is very obvious that the unit is malfunctioning. The correct fix would be to not waste time with us home inspectors, but call a competent and qualified heating contractor to repair it. If you had the capability of doing it yourself you wouldn't be online talking to us. Good luck and get going if you want it fixed before freezing.

Originally Posted By: jsmith10

as your talking about dealing with your’s and your family’s life with a gas furnace.

I'm a licensed HVAC journeyman and I would never try to diagnose a problem with out being there to see for myself what effects are truly happening.

I have no idea what your knowledge is of heating equipment nor would I even try to hazard a guess as a gas furnace (or any gas/oil fired equipment) is nothing to second guess about.

I/We at NACHI do wish you the best of luck and thank you for thinking of us with such a responsable question and we would like to hear what your heat tech. determines what the problem was.

Best regards, Joe

--
Joe,
Vice-President, Idaho Chapter,
www.NachiIdaho.org

Inspected as though my family are to live or work there.

http://www.Treasurevalleyinspections.com