Plastic around roof

Does anyone know why the roofer had the roof covered in plastic ? This is not a new roof

More than likely it’s Tyvek roofing underlayment that wasn’t trimmed properly.

2 Likes

He was keeping his lunch under there ???

It looks like they put it under the trim also.
download
It looks like he invited his buddies over.

2 Likes

Empty cans as flashing no doubt.

2 Likes

Ok, this is what I think. There was no sensible building practice for this to be there. In fact, I think they had this plastic attached to the gable for another purpose. That trim piece was used to attach the plastic to the side of the building. Possibly a make shift green house roof or anything else your might need temporary plastic for. Then, they just cut it off.

3 Likes

That seems the most likely. Maybe a redneck carport or storage place for a boat.

1 Like

Yup, looks like something I would never do down here if I were if I were to sand down my bass boat for fiberglass repair, replace the seats and put in new deck carpet :innocent:

1 Like

How did the wood look under it?? How was the rake edge??

Why not? Back in the day, we used soup cans to make exhaust repairs on cars, Lol.

1 Like

Did this extend for the entire roof or just the edges?

Heinz tomato always had the best sound.

4 Likes

Looks like synthetic felt or house wrap they forgot to cut off. Also looks like 2 layers of drip edge.

Rain protection when they did the stucco? But who cares, does not affect form fit or function, just ugly.

1 Like