Plywood siding gaps/holes

Hello All,

I’m looking for some information about an odd condition I observed on some plywood siding.

There were horizontal ragged gaps in the siding with some being as long as 4-feet while most others were much shorter and some being just 1 or 2 ragged small holes. They were mostly random around the perimeter and some were patterned such that they were vertically spaced about 2-feet apart. These areas did not appear, in most cases, to be on the plywood panel seams.

These openings did not appear to penetrate through the siding, just through some of the outer layers.

Any sagely advice would be appreciated.

plywood siding uses rough sawn filler plys
when underlying gaps occur thinner mat. surface holes may telegraph
best advice is to fill with stainable filler & seal in an attempt to match orig. mat.

or these pieces were used under saw cuts from the back side

by the 1/4" depth & ragged edges these pieces/sheet were used under saw cuts w/face up
common diy mistake

also plywood siding uses rough sawn filler plys
when underlying gaps occur thinner mat. surface holes may telegraph

best advice is to fill with stainable filler & seal in an attempt to match orig. mat.

Those are typically put there during the manufacturing process. The teeth grab the sheets to feed them thru and some are misadjusted or the wood is soft and thin on the top vaneer. No problem as far as I am concerned. Some may want to fill and seal them.