Thanks Nick. I have never found a good explanation description for poison sumac before, but you have managed.
I believe we have the non-poison variety. It grows all over the property, but has red berries.
We do have plenty of the poison oak, tho. Gets about 2 feet tall, looks like oak leaves on a stem. Does terrible stuff when you get against it !
Good article. We find many poisonous plants here in FL. With small children who will often put things into their mouths some can be lethal. Oleander is an ornamental plant that is deadly poison yet we see them planted throughout many yards and properties because they are attractive. All parts are deadly and most of the people I come across have no idea these are highly toxic. There are many varieties of the nightshade plants that grow wild here as well. In fact tomatoes, potatoes, lantana and many other common plants are members of the nightshade but not poisonous. If I see them, I always point them out and take a photo. A lot of our clients are single mothers with small children.
We need an article on bee stings next. After that, dog bites & cat scratches. Ankle sprains and stumped toes could be interesting. Do one on hay fever before spring time.
Joe, you’re full of good ideas, I’ll have these written for you by tomorrow.
Chiggers and leeches, Rob. Tapeworms, hangnails and squeaky doors. Only you need to tie all those together into one cohesive article. You can tell a little story.