Poll: Are you a 1-man shop or multi-inspector firm?

I’m starting a book on home inspection and trying to develop an accurate overview of our industry. Thanks for participating in this poll!

1 man shop for now. I want to have my CMI and 3-5 years of experience with specific growth targets before I consider expanding.

I have an assistant that helps with clerical and inspections.

Kenton, we have 16 inspectors and 3 radon technicians in the field daily.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do the report writing myself. Don’t know if it’s a blessing or a curse (depends on varying factors),
my assistant of 11 years is also a friend & next door neighbor.
I keep encouraging him to get certified/licensed but not interested. Too bad he knows his stuff pretty well, extermely observant. He does not miss anything! Sometimes he doesn’t know what it is but he always catches it.

You’re making me squint again Marc! :lol: My assistant helps with the report in the sense of taking photos and adding captions during the inspection.

Just do what I do and scroll on bye. Nothing worth reading anyhow so why go through the trouble of getting glasses out or squinting. He has been told and does not give a rats a s s.

Dave is a friend of mine who has referred me inspections, just havin’ fun.
So stop trolling my posts you have no clue!
Or… he we go again with your mental deficiencies you are simply looking to engage & argue with nothing else substantial in your life.

You have not been adequately prepared for life.
No one has ever taught you coping mechanisms
The fact that there are no consequences for your extreme bad behavior has not helped you.
It’s perpetuating your unhealthy cycle of poor coping mechanisms and dreaming to argue once more.

Symptoms of Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Regular loss of temper and anger
Arguing with others and being easily offended
Being vindictive
Deliberately disobeying rules, regulations and requests
Blaming others for self-mistakes
Moody and very sensitive

Example of the consequence of your behavior:

Based on recent observations and interactions with InterNACHI Members and the Awards Committee representatives, Mr. Meeker’s actions and behavior have overshadowed and placed an disruptive aura over the whole award process. His actions and statements tarnish the very nature and ultimate significance of this award, as well as the rest of this year’s nominees. To be nominated and ultimately bestowed with the Member of the Year Award is an honor of recognition for the doors that have been opened by the contributions of the nominee for others to follow. This award was never intended to be utilized as a tool of leverage to open doors of profit or promised contributions as so stated by Mr. Meeker in one of his various campaigning attempts. The recipients of this honorable award in years past have been largely humble and rather hesitant to be formally recognized for their dedication and professionalism. The Awards Committee members cannot ever remember any past nominee having ever campaigned for recognition as though it were an elected office position with promises for future contributions and aspirations of “bigger things to come” as a result of such an award presentation. This is quite frankly appalling and belittles the significance of the Member of the Year award for both future and past recipients.
Because of the self-absorbed and egotistical actions and communications which have recently come to light, the Awards committee has unanimously arrived at the unfortunate decision to disqualify Mr. Michael Meeker from further proceedings in this year’s award polling. As such, Mr. Meeker’s name has been removed from the list of nominees.

See what I mean Dave the Guy is a Loon.
I just scrolled past and see the same lies he has been posting since last year.
I cannot wait to meet him in person, it will be nice to get to really know him.
Notice you did not see his sorry a s s at Nicks event at Pro-Lab…Wonder Why???
Best thing is he takes all this time typing to try to bother me and I do not even read it :slight_smile:

** cause of oppositional defiant disorder is unknown but likely involves a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Symptoms generally begin before a child is eight years old. They include irritable mood, argumentative and defiant behavior, aggression, and vindictiveness that last more than six months and cause significant problems at home or school.

Can’t be cured, but treatment may help
Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong

the-letter-m-reminds-me-of-2-facts-Mentally-ill-meeker.jpg

the-letter-m-reminds-me-of-2-facts-Mentally-ill-meeker.jpg

See there he goes again and I suggest You all BE LIKE MIKE.

Just Scroll on by him and his useless stories and comments he has tormenting his sick mind.

I know it is KILLING him that I do not even know what he is writing. I simple do not care what he has to say here ever.

He can tell me whatever he has to say when we meet.

When we meet huh?
That’s four times you have now publicly threatened me adding to the many times last year also other members.
I simply wish you had integrity & were a man of your word promising to have left here after the New Year!

Kenton I apologize your thread was hijacked.
I was minding my own business & tried to respond to you.
We all know who started it… as usual.

Why do you ask?

He said he is writing a Book. Kenton is a good guy. All should help them if they can, I know I will.

I’m just starting out with a business partner, so we’re going to be multi-inspector from the beginning. It allows us to add diversity in ancillary quickly with each of us working on different certifications. Once we have added a reasonable number we will cross-train so that we are both certified in all of the services we offer.

Well I have a full time assistant, but I guess it is still a one man op.