Pool owners need to see this video!

[FONT=Helvetica]This is without a doubt, The MOST incredible video I have ever sent!![/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]It doesn’t matter who you are, or who you think you are…Or how busy you are…[/FONT]
****[FONT=Helvetica]This is a “must watch” video, and I hope you’ll pass it along to anyone who has babies or small children.[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]At first I started to panic but the more I watched I wanted to sign us up. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]
[/FONT]****[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica](this takes you to another web site but You have to go and see it I PROMISE, you will be amazed.)[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]
[/FONT]
**[/FONT][/FONT]**

[FONT=Helvetica]http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html[/FONT]

Carl . . . Carl . . . what an amazing video, thanks for sharing!

I don’t own a pool but I sent it to friends and family.:smiley:

Thanks Carl.

this is awsome, I have an eight month old that we are signing up for a program like this at the ymca.

Wow! Awesome video, I sent it to my sister with 4 small children. thanks.

HOLY MOLY Thats actually a tear jerker, pure amazement where was this when my kids were that age.

GREAT POST

Great info Carl!

This training is of great value for the nominal fees charged by most providers but please remember that children should never be left unattended regardless of their presumed abilities.

Make certain a Operators license/Permit is displayed and a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) is on staff, safety/life saving equipment is present or installed correctly and maintenance records are keep up to date regarding the safety and cleanliness of the facility you or your clients attend.

Documents are supposed to be displayed or presented upon request by any individual.

Also remember that small children are required to wear swimpants during pool usage but these don’t fully contain all events for a prolonged period of time. Therefore increased water quality evaluation and maintenance is required at facilities that allow pre-potty trained kids.

Waterborne illness can become rampant in a short period of time after just one of these spillage events.

NO pets are allowed, PERIOD, no matter how cute some feel this practice is.

Everyone swim safely!

thanks alot for sharing, not only did i not trully think about that but i even sent it out to the calls center where i work where over 100 people saw it and also send there thanks, please keep posting this kind of material…

thanks again

you may have saved a childs life just from that post

Hey guys, I shared this with my wife who is the Preschool Director at our church. She had some surprising additional info to add that I wasn’t aware of. Here’s what she had to say, and the advise/feedback she gave to me (used here with her permission:mrgreen:…)

"Swimming/water survival for babies has been around for quite a long time… like since our kids were little. There is some controversy around it, too. Some health professionals say that because of the way these babies are taught (holding under water and dropping into water, etc.) there is danger of water intoxication and other health issues due to the instinctive gulping of water babies do. Plus, with that much exposure to their throat and lungs to chlorine at such a young age, doctors say a disproportionate number of “baby swimmers” develop chronic asthtma or bronchitis due to the damage the chlorine has caused. Other critics say that the baby swimming lulls parents into false sense of security and they tend to get lax with their babies around water… which actually increases the risk of drowning.

So anyway… not something I’d necessarily want to promote. I don’t know who is right, but I think I’d err towards watching my kids closely and keep them from water dangers until they are old enough to really learn to swim."

All very good pointes Mark!

I think the concept here is if they get around water and you don’t know they are there (like in the video). Why would you not promote something that might save a babies life?

Because the cure may be as bad or worse than the illness. If this proceedure saves one babies life, that’s awesome, especially for that baby and his parents. And some would argue that one life saved is enough of a reason to promote it. However if the proceedure actuallys costs other babies lives because of water intoxication, asthtma, or actually drowning because of an increased lack of dilligance stemming from the parents comfort with the system, then it is counter productive. If a proceedure saves one life, but costs ten, then it’s not something good to reccomend.

Like my wife said. I don’t know which side is right. I would lean towards keeping my kids away from the water until they are old enough to actually learn to swim without the added risks. If I can’t do that, I’d either get rid of the pool, or I’d move. But that’s me…your results may vary.

Was not trying to argue with you! You are right, there are moron parents out there! My kids are no longer that age! But if they were, why risk my kids lives because some parents are morons? I can see this saving lives!

Danny,

I’m not trying to argue either (I honestly don’t know which way is right). I’m sorry if I came across that way. My kids are pretty much grown too.

I think if they were still little I’d seriously look at both sides though.

Professionally, I don’t think I’m going to promote it.

My son is 17, and my daughter is 14. They both can swim like fish! But now there are other things to worry about like driving and my daughter dating!!! OH LORD, I don’t think I can let that happen!! Because I know how I was when I was a teenager!

My son is 17, and my daughter is 14. Now there are other things to worry about like driving and my daughter dating. Dating:neutral: OH LORD, I don’t think I can let that happen! Because I remember how I was when I was a teenager!