Poor Craftsmanship New Build

Of course the pictures don’t show it too well, but notice the hump in this roof. New build, exterior is dried in, insulation started today, drywall getting delivered at end of week.
Goes to show the poor Craftsmanship going into this house. :-1: When it was brought up to the superintendent, he acted like the hump in roof wasn’t there…

1 Like

Inconsistent seat cut in the rafters, And inconsistent rafter length. This is common with framing crews,

and magnified by the fact that that was the place they chose to overlay and piece in the drip edge…

1 Like

They cut the drip edge in that spot to avoid a kink in the drip edge.

1 Like

Actually they used engineered trusses with one sitting atop the exterior wall of the garage which is where the hump was.

1 Like

When I first saw it the sun had only been up for an hour and the hump casted a shadow. I didn’t have time to get a pic then so I went back by there a couple hours later and took the ones I posted. If the insulation crew wasn’t working in the garage I could have taken a few from the inside.

1 Like

Typically after the framing crew is done, We will spend a day or so fixing blunders. It is the price you pay when you are trying to get the job done on schedule.

1 Like

Or as cheap as possible.:laughing:

I would be ashamed to leave that crap when I left my work for the day…let alone for a new build almost completed. :roll_eyes:

1 Like