Porch stock getting killed this year

You’re still a young buck Matt. Plenty of time for markets to correct and yes liquidity is something to be aware of. If it’s done smart, periodic selling of RE can bank that account.

I’m almost entirely real estate. I trade a bit just for fun.

2 Likes

Very smart, although others will tend to disagree…even though we make our living on it. :wink:

1 Like

There is a wide range of different risk levels available in stocks and bonds. But investing in real estate is good too. I do it using REITs (real estate investment trusts). It’s an easy way to get exposure to real estate while keeping your funds fairly liquid.

1 Like

Realestate is long term too, but if you need some money is kind of hard like Matt said.
I am in mutual funds which hold a balanced portfolio of 50% stocks and 50% bonds. A little on the conservative side due to my age.

3 Likes

Porch got slaughtered today.

So I bought some. But I’m trading it as soon as it pops.

On thing Porch taught me is to not buy any of Nathan’s companies. LOL

The housing market has slowed down and moving toward a correction in inflated pricing. There are some markets that are still having buying “frenzies”, but a lot less than the past 2 years. Less inventory is also slowing down the market.

On a side note, my parents’ second(vacation) home was listed yesterday evening. Three showings today so far today with 2 offers already. Both above listing price…go figure.

1 Like

Are you insisting all offers have inspection contingencies? :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

The listing stated " Inspections are welcome, but Sellers will not make any repairs. Concessions may be considered." Just a different way of saying “Sold As Is, price may be negotiable…” :wink:

3 Likes