Porter Valley Software (InspectVue) has been sold.

Unfortunately, all attorneys benefit from the length of every legal skirmish. Maybe piece work would be a better idea;)

If lawyers were required to work efficiently, to be paid on piece-work, maybe the whole legal trade would get back on track. Most of us are rewarded for efficiency in our work. Lawyers are rewarded for inefficiency.

My contempt for most lawyers is no secret. It wasn’t until I started working closely with lawyers on fire and building failure jobs that I developed so much contempt. It was not only the opposing lawyers that caused me to feel as I do. It was who were on the same side I was on that opened my eyes to the true nature of the occupation.

The lawyers are not working for the victims, they are not working for the insurance companies, they are working for their own benefit. Lies and corruption are so much a part of the legal trade in the US that I will never be able to sit on a jury because I cannot believe anything I hear coming from the mouths of either prosecutors or defense lawyers.

I am amazed too at how many “experts” are willing to sell whatever opinion a lawyer wants to buy. The so-called experts and lawyers alike are interested in money, not in justice.

They do not care about right and wrong. They do not care about justice. They do not care whom they harm. It is all about the all-mighty dollar. Lawyers are in the business of selling fear. The more fear they can generate, the more dollars they can generate.

I will never be able to sit on a jury because I cannot believe anything I hear coming from the mouths of either prosecutors or defense lawyers.

I sat on a jury where justice did prevail. A civil case where a doctor didn’t give his best effort. We listened to two weeks and then it was settled just before we went to deliberation. I say justice prevailed because the plaintiffs must have been satisfied with the settlement as it was clear to everyone that the punitive damage would have been astronomical. The money spent on the legal folks ,the research and expert testimony must have staggering!

When justice does prevail it is probably because of the jury, not the lawyers.

Check this out: http://legallad.quickanddirtytips.com/legal-jury-nullification.aspx

I also heard that all current InspectVue users will now be doing environmental and mold inspections now…according to ESP.:stuck_out_tongue:

http://tv.wallst.net/r/3-minute-press/ed-torres-evsp/169/748

Jeff

Absolutley true Jeff.
I’ve had three scheduled for this week and two for next week with no marketing effort on my part. So far I’ve be able to schedule between my morning and afternoon appointments on the days I work. It helps the bottom line without much effort.

I am just concerned about the inspector’s liabilities…but if they feel comfortable doing them then it is great news for them.

Thanks for your concern. The “Razz” icon through me off a little. I looked around and I think I found where you have a reporting software.
So lets see, you’re a non-member, a vendor of software, “razzing” the users of software that has recently been sold.
Somehow I missed putting you on my ignore list, you are less than helpful and I have added you to my ignore list.
GREAT MARKETING PLAN:p

John,
Not sure how me commenting on a concern that EVSP is assuming all the users of InspectVue are going to start doing mold inspections has to do with us marketing. I was not attempting to do ANY marketing but was just relaying my OPINION on home inspectors should be careful on starting to do mold inspection without doing their homework on the liability issues. I know from talking to home inspectors over the last 10 years that it can be a slippery slope. Maybe EVSP is taking the liability issue off the table and they are completely covering it…that would be a huge step forward I would think.

Sorry John that you took it the wrong way and I have known Lorne and Keith for almost 10 years and I am very happy for their success and it was not a dig at all on the software or them. Us software vendors actually have a lot of respect for each other and usually do not throw shots at each other at all and we actually spend quite a bit of time together socially at inspection shows…it seems like certain software users of software do enough throwing shots at other software users which I do not condone.

Peace to all.

Jeff Knight
Knights Software

Gives ya warm fuzzies when that happens, don’t it?:smiley:

Agreed - and I’d add, the inspector (attitude, ability to communicate effectively, etc ) are hugely important.
No software can instill those “face-to-face” qualities.

That is a fundamental flaw in our legal system. Lawyers often drag cases on unnecessarily. I recently had a meeting with a client and lawyers from both sides on a construction site. The lawyer from the other side openly joked about how he likes field trips because they are easy money and he is going to keep raking in money the longer the case drags out. I know he did that to anger my clients (which it did) but, the reality is that lawyers often have more incentive to drag a case out than to settle it.