Position of light switched Up or Down

In Quebec ground pins are positioned up, in Ontario they are positioned down…go figure.

If I notice metal covers with ground pins down, I mention the potential safety issue to clients that a loose metal cover could fall on live prongs if the plug was partially pulled.

I don’t write it up in the inspection report just like I don’t write light switch being down while on. If it was a safety issue then 3 way switch’s would be designed differently in my opinion.

I like the Happy Face, pin down better!

| 1|

:mrgreen:

LOL…What next fellas?

The correct way to put the toilet paper on the roller?

It must come off of the roll from the top!

We don’t need no stinking toilet paper… :shock: :roll:

The toilet paper is to get rid of the stinking that is left…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Okay so there was this big big Roman Gallion rowing boat. Its stinking hot the beat of the drum is nauseating hour after hour in the hot sun. Finally there is silence the rowers look up only to hear the drummer say, “men I have some good news for you today, there is going to be a change of underwear!” Shouts of joy errupt, everyone is happy. Then the drummer says, "Frank you change underwear with Harry, Harry you change underwear with Bill…

Boy thats bad! :slight_smile:

I had to turn some around just so Mickey wouldn’t get a headache…:wink:

The way I install a Decora switch is I look at the yoke strap and on one end it says TOP sp, 3way and 4way. I have seen this on toggle switch also in the past (on up). I have seen on outlets and It was ground up.So if not marked I guess it does not matter which way it goes.

Still dont understand do ya Joe…The difference in Home Inspectors versus Code Inspectors…

I think HI’s need to be concerned for their client…and if the switch works at all…Period !!!

if they want to be Code Inspectors they can go to work for a Municipal and do so and deal with those issues, they have no authority otherwise.

:lol:

Right on! Show me any technical book that shows a single pole switch marked ON and OFF upside down, it is really very simple just tell the buyer that they should be turned around in order to avoid confusion.

Show me a potential home owner/buyer who probably gives a RATS A$$ which way their switches are as long as they work.

Sorry…I think most HI’s will leave that little slice of information off their report.

Yup.

But many Home Inspectors do include that as a defect on their report, you can leave it off of yours that’s OK with me.

At least mention it!

What did people do when there was only a pull chain for the operation of the light in the room.

I did a home yesterday and all the switches where only 44 inches of the floor.
Normal in my area is 54 inches .
I pointed it out to my client but put nothing in my report.
This is a seniors community and many of us when we get old tend to shrink and stoop.
This to me seemed like a satisfactory solution.
The client agreed.
…Cookie

I guess since you know MANY do put it on the report that asking members IF they include it in their report was…ahhh…a bit redundant now wasnt it.

Why?

Pulled it when they wanted light…pulled it again to turn it off. Good news here is that the chain is always hanging right side up.:wink:

But is it the safest position?

Scanned Photo-1-2 (280 x 363).jpg

Scanned Photo-2-1 (280 x 363).jpg

Because!