Possible Draw Inspection Opportunities

I believe everyone has.

My most recent issue with doing draws is subcontractors. I had to drop 3 draws (all same builder) because the subs kept calling me at all hours of the day and*** night :twisted: ***asking me where their money was. Come to find out the builder was not paying them. So they got my number off my truck and decided to harass me instead. They just couldn’t get it through their skulls that I had nothing to do with it. If the builder is not paying them, I have no control.

So needless to say I asked DDN to remove me from those draws. (also explains the drop in draws I do) :slight_smile:

Also the drop in housing starts

OK guys, I just had the confrence call with the lender in Penn. They said they do loans throughout the east half of the U.S.

They explained to me that they would not be interested in my idea b/c they feel they would be wasting time chasing inspectors when all they had to do was call DDN. This makes me so mad.

To explain my idea again, I would receive contact from a lender, they would give me the location. I would find an inspector in that area. If the inspector is interested with doing the draw inspectors I would contact the lender giving them your contact info. The lender will call you, YOU AND THE LENDER WILL AGREE TO A PRICE. I would not be involved in the price nor would I recieve money from that price. I will supply the draw sheet to the inspector and lender. Then its up to the inspector to do the inspection, do the quality control, and take pics then send it via fax or email directly to the lender. Then the inspector gets payment from the lender directly. I will get a small fee from the lender for the contact info. I don’t know what that fee would be at this time.

Let me know what you think about what the lender told me about “chasing inspectors”.

Keep pluggin’ at it…

Mic

Your idea Bobby, correct me if I’m wrong, sounds as if you’re trying to go back in time.

This is how companies like DDN & Granite were born. The lenders were looking for a way to handle their draw inspections without having to do much (if any) work.

DDN and Granite (to name only a few) are simply service providers, call them “middle-men” if you will, but they have filled a demand for which there was a need.

I know of inspectors who deal with lenders directly, but these are few, and far between.

If/when you decide to become one of these service provider/contractors, be sure and look me up. You deal with the lenders and I’ll provide the inspections in my area for you.

Bobby, time is money to banks. They want to make one call and its done. Maybe you should be the middle man, get a list of trusted inspectors, figure out some type of e-mail system with the bank that would be automatic [or semi automatic], negotiate one of your great deals, take a very very small :slight_smile: cut off the top and make everybody happy.

Dick

This is absolutely incredible!

In one of your earlier posts you stated that you were not a home inspector and you also stated that you were doing approximately 20 draw “inspections” per day at the rate of $6.00 each.

To be truthful with you I* did not believe you…* but… now that I see that you do not even get out of your vehicle your story is starting to make sense.

So if I understand you correctly … you can drive up to a 2000 to 3000 ft.² home and do a “framing inspection” without turning off the motor or even getting out of your truck!

This must take you all of 10 to 15 seconds … or if you want to be :roll:“thorough”:roll: I guess you would take 20 to 30 seconds!

Absolutely incredible!

Come on Frank I would like your input.

Bobby:

Thanks for the thought. I have never done a draw inspection. I would be interested.

Good Luck

Bobby, you have the right intentions but like Jeff said basically you are trying to repeat history.

The only way to make more at doing draw inspections is to market directly to the lenders in your area who are sick of the response time they get from the big 3. Provide them with a good service and they’ll pay. I’m sure this is what Frank was going to say in a number of words.

Don’t forget that this applies to commercial lenders too.

Most lenders in my area only allow commercial draw inspections to be done by a certified engineer.
I think that is funny since those same banks, at times, use DDN to do them. I know some of there inspectors that do commercial draw inspections are not certified engineers.

Keep trying Bobby. Start your own company as the middle man. Have Dominic make you a reporting system

I do DDN commercial draws. I can’t even spell enjuneer.

me 2 :wink: