Potable Water Tubing Type

Unable to make out the tubing material. Only a partial label.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From here PB (polybutylene).

1 Like

looks like PB from Ohio…

1 Like

It looks like PB from Northern MI. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks all. That’s what I was thinking. The building underwent extensive renovations >< 20 years ago.
I personally hate to guess.
I sent the report recommending further evaluation by a licensed plumber.
Thanks again.

Is that the water distribution piping/tubing or a connector between a shut off and sink? I’ve seen connectors like that that resemble PB.

That tubing with labling is the potable supply tubing. No potable water pipes to be found.
The faucet risers, as you explained, are PB.

The following sometimes helps me with pipe identification, and Sometimes I change the close up angle on the camera to take section by section pics of the pipe lettering. If the letters PB are in the writing…I think Inspector Outlet carries something similar.

High-Tech Telescoping Inspection Mirror, 2-1/4" Diameter, 6-1/2" to 36-3/8" Length

[ 4.5 out of 5 stars ]

|Price:|$7.58 [ FREE Shipping

  • Clear glass mirror for perfect reflection

  • All-angle ball joint holds mirror firmly for 360 degree viewing

  • Mirror encased in rugged corrosion resistant brushed stainless steel

  • Stainless steel telescoping handle is strong, long and lightweight

  • Comfortable textured cushion grip keeps handle secure in wet or oily hands

  • Textured cushion grip that resists slipping from oily or wet hands

  • All angle ball joint folds mirror head tightly at any angle for perfect viewing

  • Stainless steel antenna telescopes from 6 1/2-Inch to 36 3/8-Inch

  • Engine tool

  • Guaranteed forever

1 Like