Power monitor panel ??

Home is a all electric 28 year old house.

Home has a power indicator in the kitchen.

The panel markings are painted. I had a hard enough time breaking the paint seal.

Is the box next to the panel part of the power indicator system? I couldn’t get the cover off as I was afraid to damage the control knob as it was painted.

Thanks

96307 026 (Small).jpg

Hard to say, but a picture shure would help.

Power monitor panel? Was the home solar? That’s about the only time you’d normally have a power monitor in a residential setting.

In a lot of all electric homes around here they have a power indicator usually installed at the kitchen. The box pictured was next to the main panel. I was able to get a peak at the wiring & it appeared to be all low voltage.

There was no solor panels.

Help me out here… what purpose does this power indicator light in the kitchen serve?

If you have a panel, associated with power, with lots of low voltage wiring, I can make two guesses without pictures:

• It might be the low voltage relays for baseboard heat, so that they could use T87 type thermostats
    *]It might be the low voltage RR7/RR9 type relays for low volage or touch type light switching.

Help me out here… what purpose does this power indicator light in the kitchen serve?

If you have a panel, associated with power, with lots of low voltage wiring, I can make two guesses without pictures:

• It might be the low voltage relays for baseboard heat, so that they could use T87 type thermostats
    *]It might be the low voltage RR7/RR9 type relays for low voltage or touch type light switching.

With an all electric home they can set the alarm for 15 Watts. The indicator displays the power the home is consuming. It was at 3 W. I turned on the emergency heat and it jumped to 13 W.

It tells the home owner when to much power is being consumed. Many electric homes in this area have them. This one actually worked. I just wish I could have removed the cover to the panel that was in the room with the main.

I thought you may be able to tell by the control knob that pertrudes at the front of the cover.