Price of a Home Inspection in Florida

Sounds like he prices accordingly though to help offset that tax.

9.3% of $615 still leaves me with more than 0% of $199 :stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly rarely do them for under $350. I typically charge $400. I feel the client out a bit before quoting the price. If they come to me via a referral, then I know they absolutely want me because they have heard good things. If they are going down a list and price shopping, depending on how busy I am, I might give a small discount. I know I am on the high end but I give a very thorough inspection and I know my inspection is worth the $400.

Now, now, Nick. You are obviously looking to get someones back up by making that comment. I wonder who?:wink:

I’m at 2000 sqft - $400. Upcharges: Pool, WM, 4PT

I was wondering the same thing myself, Brendan maybe?

They charge I think $90 a year with monthly meetings that are $10, $20 if you’re not a member. Works out to $210 a year (if you attend all meetings with membership)…it is in the lower range of Association fees, but the person to person training and Florida specific content is very informative. It’s the old Gulfstream ASHI chapter, been around for 15+ years, really good group of guys.

yet your web site says prices starting at $325.00. Looks like a bait and switch tactic. Is that price for a house under 1000 sqaure feet, of which few exist.

Hey Bill I do not have any bait and switch and consider that slander.

I offer low prices on certain things to get the phone to ring. give me one example before you run your mouth anymore.

“Advertising is different then doing :smile:

“JUST GET THEM ON THE PHONE :smile: I usually have some sort of “hook” to get their attention”

You mean like a cheap prices that actually isn’t? In the dictionary under redundant it says “see redundant”.

I was going to ignore this, because is shows ingnorace on your part. That so called association you are referring to is one that some of your association members have started to attend. This is an additioanl association to supplement and provide educaton geared toward Florida, something our inspectors cannot get anywhere else on a monthly basis. We are not looking to make money, but rather educate each other and build relationships between inspectors and contractrors. Some of the best inspectors in the area attend on a regular basis. Your little jab was uncalled for.Oh, and by the way, these meetings have been going on since the early 2000’s.

Hey Robert,

You do not know crap. Well I guess you do know how to copy and paste pretty well. Show me one example of me baiting and switching. I wrote what I wrote because I was pissed but I deleted it because i acted like a man and called Bill on the phone and he said it would be retracted.

You are just another Hater who knows nothing about me. Bill believed what he said until I pointed out why it was wrong. Bill actually knows me.

BUT

So far it is still there. I’ll give him the benefit of believing he is actually working and has not had time to retract it yet.

…you gave your own example. Now it’s my fault for pointing it out?

Just because you can say something, and believe it, doesn’t make it so. Incidentally, you were bagging on people for pricing and said “not from me thought”…then I found a site you put together advertising $200 inspections, wind mitigations for $40…

It’s in the link of your signature, it’s not like you’re hiding it…

Thanks Bill I knew you were a man of your word.

Feeling a little foolish Robert?

You removed the comment but left the link to the site in your signature…I’m supposed to feel foolish why?

Robert,
You have to understand, Mike does things differently. Take for instance, the “Home inspection that isn’t a home inspection” aka “Home Inspection Alternative”.

Wouldn’t want to be a deal breaker or scare the clients…or god forbid, make the house look bad…on paper! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See at least Eric is correct I do things differently and think outside the box but DO NOT CROSS THE LINE.

Lately it is called a Pre-Purchase Consultation. I even do them for sellers. I give clients many options and what THEY want not what Florida Inspectors want me to do.

Hi Bill,

To address your bait and switch comment, I charge $325 for houses under 1400 sqft (which are pretty common here and were usually built in the 60s) that will also need a WM & 4 PT. All in, for all three inspections I charge $475 which I think is reasonable for the time/effort required. At 1400-1700, the price goes up $25. At 1700-2000, another $25. Basically, my prices increase by 8% at each 18% increase in square footage. I think it is a reasonable progression and certainly not a gotcha.

I’m not sure why you are concerned with my pricing or if I’m being deceitful. Anyway, I hope that clear up what you were looking to find out.

Thanks,
Michael

Every region is different. I can’t remember the last time I inspected anything under 2,000 sq ft.

I would be curious, how do you know that they “will” need a wind mit? What if the deal doesn’t go through? Do you charge them anyway?

I’ll be doing a fourth home for the same client Thursday. He still hasn’t had to pay for a 4-point or wind mit yet.

The method used by Mike and others, is an old one. Get them to call. Think $9.95 or free oil change advertisements to get someone to come into an auto shop. Then upsell them to what they really need.

I never cared for it, even when I was a mechanic. And, incidentally, I don’t want a majority of those clients in the first place. The ones that are more concerned about price, are usually the ones that are the most problems. Just my experience.

I am not saying that the type of advertising is wrong, I just don’t prefer it.

If a home is older than 2003 I have them call their insurance provider prior to the inspection to see what they will need.

I should say, how do you know that the inspection will give them any discounts? I have inspected several homes that had the original roofs on them pre 94, and no hurricane protection. They also had straps with only two nails in them and so now with a non hip roof there are no discounts available for this kind of House. And I run into those houses quite frequently, especially in Pembroke Pines.