Price Per Year

Originally Posted By: lfranklin
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_question.gif Where could you find the membership price for 2,5,10, year of membership?

Is it the same as the first year?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

DELETED by author.

These comments were made last year and are being confused with my recent postitions.

Nick

Nic

You brought up some good thought there. That should be considered down the road.

But what Iwas needing to know is the price for the 2year then each year after. I know this could change at anytime. But what about standard price for a second year member?

Larry

DELETED by author.

These comments were made last year and are being confused with my recent postitions.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Joe Wright

Nick,

Just like to say that it would be nice to not have to pay yearly membership dues once you are a member but it is worth every penny if we do. I have already gotten my $289 worth out of this organization in the short time I have been a member. I would also recommend not just eliminating further dues if they are not necessary in the future but instead decreasing them for additional years (2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc) and using any profit for promoting NACHI and our members. Things such as note pads with NACHI logo and inspectors company info that NACHI could negotiate with printer for bulk rates and reduced prices would be very helpful and worth the price for a yearly due. Any sort of marketing materials that we could team up with NACHI and get a better price on while promoting both the organization and our business would be an asset for everyone. I think we could get a lot more bang for our buck as a whole then a sole. Just my 2 cents.

Joe Wright

Hey Nick,

Any comments on this?

Joe

I’m trying to find some universal ground on this subject. It appears that most people think $289 is too expensive when they are first going into the business but most think $289 is well worth it once they’ve been a member for a while.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Nick,

personally I like the one time payment program, but even more I like not paying at all, seeing as NACHI is not for proffit, I’m in favor of not for paying !!

Cheap S.O.B.

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Nick,

What do you think about the marketing ideas for NACHI members? A couple businesses that NACHI could negotiate deals with and in return refer business to from us members. I’m not sure if it is possible but if it is I think it could benefit us.

Joe

What about marketing NACHI in the south or west. I know you done well in the north-east but most of America has never heard of NACHI. Shucks, I’m in the business and never here of them. Market,market,market, Now where.

Originally Posted By: Ken Trice

HEY NICK I AGREE I’M DOWN HERE IN OKLAHOMA AND NO ONE HAS HEARD OF NACHI. SO I’M HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE CONVINCING THE REALTORS TO GIVE ME A SHOT AT THE INSPECTIONS. SO DO YOU SEE ANY MARKETING IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY SOON?

THANKS
KEN TRICE
THI INSPECTIONS

DELETED by author.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Richard Pasquier

Well, as soon as I get the money together, I can assure you that I will be Joining NACHI.

I live in the Northwest and the only reason that I heard of you was that I went looking for info on different organizations.

I'm new and just starting out, and NACHI looks exactly like what I need an organization to be.

Passed the test, passed the ethics exam, now I just gotta come up with the 289 and get the membership.

Great site Nick, and this forum is great, and the organization looks like it's tops.

There is NO way that I am going to join ASHI, no way!!!

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Why isn’t Joe Wright listed as a member, if he paid his dues and passed the entrance exam?

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Guest

There is no value to something that’s free. To make the organization a free one would dilute the quality of the membership to the level of people that aren’t gainfully employed in any field; the kind of person that inspires one to hum dueling banjo’s and say sentences like “you shore do have a purty mouth”.

I get free stuff all the time. Free clocks, free pens, free subscriptions, free advice. As a rule, I don't value any of it, and neither does anyone else.

If you guys are dead serious about developing a more credible and respected organization it can't be free.

"I belong to NACHI, it's free ", won't have a postitive influence on any intelligent client, because they too know that free things don't have value .

The only way "free" would work would be to make it an invitation only group that was very discerning about whom they invited. That's not going to happen.

Charge dues. Charge them annually. Use the money for education, advertising, chapter start ups, maybe even volume purchases on tools and equipment that could be passed to membership at cost.

If you're going to be dependent on the kindness of others to support the org it'll get ugly, because eventually contributions or grants are going to come from sources that create a direct conflict of interest to the ethics of the profession.

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

Ok Chad, I’ll be the first to respond to you on you’re post.

In case you don't know it...The BEST things in LIFE ARE FREE.

At the risk of getting my fellow members in an up-roar, My Salvation is a FREE GIFT from my FATHER GOD. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
This Ole House-Home Inspections
William A. Campbell TREC # 6372
Serving the Texas Coastal Bend
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: joconnell

I think that Chad is right on this. Membership should cost the members, on an annual basis. There are many ways that the money can be spent, and keep the organization on a non-profit plane.

One of many possibilities is to have Nick start getting a paycheck. The personal involvement and obvious level of motivation that I have observed from him in my short time here are amazing, and he should be compensated...

Keep the dues, keep them annual.

--
Regards,

Joe O'Connell

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

My daddy always said " free is good "

not 2004.

I'm a lot older looking than that picture... much more gray hair earned this past year.

Nick

Originally Posted By: rpasquier

Quote:
Please not that the first half of this thread started in January of 2003 not 2004.

I'm a lot older looking than that picture... much more gray hair earned this past year.

Nick

Doesn't matter what you look like Nick, you're pretty darn good in my book!!

Thank you SIR!!!

Regards

Richard