Pricing for Radon Testing

I am located in Cape Coral, Florida (Southwest Florida) I want to be competitive for Home Inspections and Mold Inspections. Could anyone give me there opinion and some advice as to compettive rates in my area. Thank you.

David,

I’m not sure who is teaching the class. I am taking the classes at Hondros and all I know is that someone from Radalink is teaching it.

In our area, most inspectors start with radon cannisters / Then if it appears it will be a viable part of their business move into Electronics.

[/FONT]

We perform radon and mold for dozens of home inspectors in Collier and Lee Counties; some do their own mold, at least until July 1, 2010.
Our prices are here: http://www.radonmoldhelp.com/id59.html](http://www.radonmoldhelp.com/id59.html)

We will be opening another office in the middle of the state in a couple of months. We have hired two new people this month.
Radon & Mold Professionals
Office: (239) 498-4619 Toll free: (800) 881-3837 www.radonmoldhelp.com
www.naplesmoldinspection.com
**Radon Testing - Mold Inspections - Mold Testing - Allergen Screening **
Volatile Organic Compounds Testing - Odorous/Chinese Drywall Assessment

Professional Liability / $1,000,000 General Liability and Errors & Omissions Insurance
(Covers preliminary mold assessments and also “Chinese” Drywall Inspections)

Microbial Consulting Coverage: $1,000,000 / $1,000,000 limit / claims made
(Covers Post mold remediation inspections/testing, CLEARANCE)

Bill: I see that was your first post. Juist an FYI. Forum etiquette says start your own thread if you’re going to change the subject. This one is on radon, not mold and home inspections.

On the radon issue:

Radalink is a good way to start. They cover your *** with the paperwork. If you want to start doing that part yourself, it’s easy enough to cancel and go another direction.

Perhaps y’all should read this part of the EPA website so you can better advise your clients on that 4.0 thingy.

=====
Report Attached
The Radon Measurement test showed:
3.0 average level
6.5 highest level
1.2 lowest level
(all measurements in pico curies per liter of air)

The EPA’s website at: http://www.epa.gov/radon/healthrisks.html](http://www.epa.gov/radon/healthrisks.html) , states:
“The average radon concentration in the indoor air of America’s homes is about 1.3 pCi/L. It is upon this level that EPA based its estimate of 20,000 radon-related lung cancers a year upon. **It is for this simple reason that EPA recommends that Americans consider fixing their homes when the radon level is between 2 pCi/L and 4 pCi/L. **”

Unfortunately, many Americans presume that because the action level is 4 pCi/L, a radon level of less than 4 pCi/L is “safe”. This perception is altogether too common in the residential real estate market. In managing any risk, we should be concerned with the greatest risk. For most Americans, their greatest exposure to radon is in their homes; especially in rooms that are below grade (e.g., basements), rooms that are in contact with the ground and those rooms immediately above them.”

The EPA’s " Home Buyer’s & Seller’s Guide to Radon" states
“Radon levels less than 4 pCi/L still pose a risk and, in many cases, may be reduced.”

“Short-term tests can be used to decide whether to reduce the home’s high radon levels. However, the closer the short-term testing result is to 4 pCi/L, the less certainty there is about whether the home’s year-round average is above or below that level. Keep in mind that radon levels below 4 pCi/L still pose some risk and that radon levels can be reduced to 2 pCi/L or below in most homes.”

Use your own best judgment and desire for safe living. Only you can choose what level of risk to expose your family too.

Used Radalink in 2000, YUK YUK YUK
After 13,000 radon tests and years in the business, best thing I ever did was deal with Air Chek and Femto Tech (in Ohio).
We have have seen it all, you can keep Radalink, we do send people to their training classes now and then. They had about the same number of clients in Florida when I started as they do today. ???

Radon … Talk to Shawn Price at Air Chek www.radon.com

Radon … Talk to Shawn Price at Air Chek www.radon.com
[/quote]

Douglas,

Thanks for the link. I checked the site out and will give them a solid look.

Dave

Required depends on the state. But I’d encourage you to charge full price or more for a retest. I actually go up $25 (from 150) if it’s a retest. My expenses exist and don’t go down with 2 more drives. I find most folks (if they are happy with your initial work) won’t bat an eye at the charge.