Problem or not

No Larry they did not secondary pan was drained to the ceiling of the outdoor patio just stubbed out of the ceiling where it was visible

Missing duct smoke detectors…

Chuck I did not look to be truthful don’t know about the cap tube, coil orientation not the problem

Hi Kevin somehow I though ya would be along been waiting for ya.:smiley:

I don’t like the blower to draw from the A-coil either prefer to discharge through the coil but the actual heat in the normal heating mode from the heat pump is not all that extremely hot the motor is designed for that much heat not what I was looking for.

Explain your self young man what makes you think just because the unit is a 5 ton that it is going to short cycle. Not what I was looking for, be careful I will have to ask for one of your strips:D:D

I will wait and see what others have. I will admit openly that this has me stumped.
Secondary containment. too large, blower not in optimal position, upside down coil, short cycle, all my avenues have been exhausted.

Ok guys I am done gaming tonight I gave it away with the words big sucker. Take a look at the 3rd pic there is a botched up piece of metal trying to block the coil from the blower section to prevent condensate from being drawn into the blower. Look at the suction side of the blower it hovers over the condensate pan and is going to suck condensate from that pan and probally drop some water into the furnace housing that is going to drip on the ceiling outside of the safety pan. Its going to make a fricking mess in the cooling mode.

I won’t be getting that infamous call You inspected my home back whenever. Sooooo ya guys that don’t remove furnace covers are the ones that will be getting the call when a mess like this one gets past you

Cheers

Charley,

Having the coil on the other side would have solved that big sucker ;-)…

You do not think a properly sized return duct would solve that issue ?

Since the pan is tilted towards the outlet of the condensate line I must disagree. I also know that A coil design is not installed correctly and a 5 ton would be designed for a 3500 sq ft house approx. Most units with A frame coil have the dryer on the bottom portion not the top but I have never seen this unit ever and it may have been designed this way.

Your second stripe is gone ya are now a private. The pan is not tilted toward the drain should be but its not, just setting square on the bottom of the furnace housing. Ya might get away with 3500 Sq ft of home in your neck of the wood and a 5 ton unit but down here in the heat 5 tons won’t cut the mustard barely does 2500 with good insulation

Are you joking. It must be very hot down there and your homes must have a rating of 40 for energy efficiency. If it was installed right there would be no issue with the blower. By looking at the picture this cannot be determined. The unit does not have a drop of water in the pan from the picture you put in.
The info for 5 ton comes from an engineering firm so I will not even go there.
As for taking away my stripes I don’t think so you will have to do allot better than this.
Thanks for the educational discussion Charley. ttlfn

Duh!!! Kevin What month are we living in even in Oklahoma we don’t run The A/C in February thus there would be no water presently in the pan but come this summer it will be a mess this home is new never been lived in. In Canada you have at least two season to deal with are ya just going to be a inspector for one season???

Did you take a level to the pan inside?
It looks to me that the designed pan is level on the side but tapers in the middle. Please let me know the maker of the design so I can evaluate the piece of crap.](*,)

This might help from a study of one of my friend’s from the Yukon.
I still don’t think what you stated holds WATER.

What a loser.

Two things I notice that are unusual from the pics, (even though one is out of focus old fart) is pic 1 has line insulation inside tha cabinet. Never seen that one before and other than it being a debris hazard I wouldnot know how it affected it otherwise.

Second if its a 5 ton, looks like it has a smaller heat bank in it. Awful small for a whopper like that.
Thats my guess but i’m not a CMI. :smiley:

What KW heater was installed?

Judging from the size of the blower and return I would say it would not provide the needed air flow of 2000+ CFM IMOA.
I will check back after my inspection to see if you can produce the manufactures info.

Wow, CMI’s are great! They can size equipment from a photograph!!!

If I learned to do that, I could sit around at the office and do my work.
Then I could be on this board 24/7 like the rest of um.

Sean, the heat bank size is rated for the zone the equipment is in.
As it is not the primary heat source because it is a heat pump, you don’t want all that electric heat on every time someone moves the T-stat 2 degrees and when the defrost mode kicks in.

South of us they don’t even put in electric heat.

Charley, this looks like a refrigerant leak to me from here.

Am I seeing things?

# 21 Old Post RD Enid 2-17-12 066.jpg