ProLab

Originally Posted By: craig brady
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has anyone used, or heard of a company named ProLab? They process the mold testing. Are they on the up and up? I hear tell they also have classes and certification.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Craig, welcome to NACHI, if you wish to check out Pro-Lab please click on the “links & affiliates” section of the lefthand navigation bar, there is a link to them on there.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Igor,

I have arranged for the Director of Cornell University's Cooperative Extension's Horticulture Labs to speak about mold at next month's NY Chapter meeting.

His spin on mold is quite refreshing. It goes along with much of what folks like you and I believe.

For the record, I do take mold samples (swatch and/or tape only) if my client is freaked about mold and insists on testing it. I referr them to the EPA and CDC sites and encourage them to read-up on the subject. They pay me to take the sample, retain chain of custody, and transport it to Cornell for identification. I make them sign an agreement acknowledging that I am NOT in the mold business, and that they are paying Cornell directly for ANALYSISand IDENTIFICATION purposes only.

I really try and calm folks down, and provide a cost effective and reasonable approach to the mold issue. I tell them that Cornell is experienced and honest, and doesn't stand to make any money either way. The cost for identification and analysis is a whopping $25 per sample. Multiple swatches of tapes from the same vicinity within the home is considere a single sample, althoughthey may examine 2 or 3 pieces. They write the report, and contact the client directly. I never see the report. I am not in the mold business...

Joe

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley

Mold report from south Texas. Mold frenzy has greatly diminished as insurance money has dried up!!! Surprize! Surprize! - Other side of story: Home insurance rates have increased dramatically.